JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I am so stoked! Discount tire direct is the best. I ordered these on monday and here they are already. They gave me a good deal on these because I was wanting the KM2's (more for weight savings, both are excellent tires) but they could not get them in so he gave me these for the price matched price he quoted me on the KM2's and threw in the black splined lugnuts for free!

Now hopefully I can get the time to put my spacer lift on and get these bad boys mounted up sometime this week! I went and got the rough country BB even though I know it's not the greatest out there. I got the rear track bar bracket and longer rear swaybar endlinks also. I got the cheaper BB because I'm planning on next year sometime upgrading to a nice upgraded coil setup like teraflex, RE or someone like that.

Oh and another great thing about dtd is these things came packed like they were going to war! I spent probably 45 minutes just getting all the tape, cardboard and straps off of these! Great job dtd!

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gotta get the lift on first. I was gonna go to my friends either tonight or tomorrow to use his garage and have an extra set of hands but he's sick as a dog and I'm just getting over a nasty one myself. I might try and get it on this weekend though even though I have to work.

As far as backordered goes the guy told me this was the next to last set they had and that the KM2's didn't even have an eta date! I don't understand why these two tires are in such high demand yet niether bfg or goodyear seem to be making more than a few a week if that because EVERYBODY is backordered?? One place you might wanna check is with Jason at Krawloffroad. He said he had the mtr/k's in stock in this size, he just couldn't match the price I got these for.

Thanks for the compliments guys! Also, is it wrong to LOVE the smell of new tires?!?!? HA HA HA

·
Registered
157 Posts
Nice sure wish brown accidentally delivered them to me :wink_animate:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HA HA HA my wife, our checking account and I wish these were delivered by accident too! Really for all that I got it was a really good deal. $1,261 m&b and shipped with black splined lugnuts.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Congrats on the tire.

One note on the splined lugs. Don't use an impact on those little bastards. I use an impact for 90% of things especially on tires; I did it with out thinking. They are round off easily and the sockets are not high quality.

All the local auto parts stores only had the chinese crap. Broke two sockets trying to get the lugs off after I striped a few. Then I had to order the better brand socket from 4wd.com. Long story short I threw them away and got 3/4" hex black lugs.

·
Registered
157 Posts
HA HA HA my wife, our checking account and I wish these were delivered by accident too! Really for all that I got it was a really good deal. $1,261 m&b and shipped with black splined lugnuts.
:biggrin: don't forget to post pics bet it is gonna look sweet. Still wish they came here lol but in time I will move up :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys! Yeah I am excited to get them on and I only use good ole arm power to put my lug nuts on with and I do all my own rotations and everything. If I do have it in a shop for anything (like being inspected) I'll be sure to let them know to not use an impact. I'm sure they still will though because most of them are lazy morons. Hence the reason I do my own work.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been told I'll like these a lot better than the km2's. I really liked these better anyway but I was trying to stay as light as possible since my rubi it's an auto and I'm not gonna be able to re gear for probably about a year.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts