JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5.13 gears with overhaul kits for D30/44 purchased from Northridge4x4..

And Tatton driveshaft from Marcus, Thanks dude!

Cant friggin wait to get these f-ers installed!! Im like a kid in a candy store!!

The D30 5.13 R&P is pretty damn small compared to the 44. Oh well, Ill take my chances

She's a beast. Much heavier than it looks believe me.

Anyways, just wanted to share. Gettin em both put on this weekend hopefully. Thanks!

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Nice, those gear sets have a lot more dimension differences than I thought!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, those gear sets have a lot more dimension differences than I thought!
What do you mean when you say dimension difference? Are you talking about the curvature of the teeth on the ring gear and pinion?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

For those that do the type of wheeling that necessitates a PR60 sized ring gear, then yes Im sure they would not hold up. But there is no way for me to afford a PR44 at this time. Nor a take off front rubi 44 for that matter. This is my DD, so I try to baby it as much as I can off road. Once I finish school next spring, a PR44 may be showing up at my front door, but for now, this will suffice.

Plus im gonna keep my stock shafts in, and buy a spare set just in case. Leave those as my weak point instead of this

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
Yep. but i have only heard of like....2 or 3 people actually breaking one
One guy has broken two here in DFW. :gluing: Watch the wheel spin!

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nevermind. Dallas/Fortworth. Got it. Haaha.

Now obviously breaking a R and P is more likely with this set up vs say a 60 but...almost all breakage I have seen were situations that most likely would have damaged stronger set ups.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,082 Posts
You got one to? Do you happen to know what your front lower control arm length is/caster and or pinion angle numbers?
I have a coast on the front right now. Tatton is on the rear. And I have no idea where my numbers are at right now. I just replaced the shitty stock LCA mounts with some PP mounts. Still have to dial it in to see where I am sitting at.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nice. your gonna love the 5.13s, I sure do! Not sure if you were planning on lockers, but it would be good time to have them done while the diffs are already apart to save on labor. love my tatton ds as well, the pinion nut is a pain in the ass but thats the toughest part getting it on.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice. your gonna love the 5.13s, I sure do! Not sure if you were planning on lockers, but it would be good time to have them done while the diffs are already apart to save on labor. love my tatton ds as well, the pinion nut is a pain in the ass but thats the toughest part getting it on.
Having the driveshaft put on while the gears are done. I dont even have an impact capable of removing that nut anyways. Nor a dial beam torque wrench

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You got a D30 front? Locked?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.