JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow what a joke. Let me start of by telling you the first bad experience with them.

In march 2008 had a lift that I purchased installed at their shop. Black Diamond lift with 8 fully adjustable control arms. I gave special instructions NOT to install cam bolts and adj. pinion angle with the supplied control arms. Not only did that not get done(installed cam bolts anyway) they also installed my rear upper control arms backwards. My dumbass didnt notice until I had to replace my tires with a new set and saw the rubbing. I switched them myself without too much trouble.

Years pass

Com bolt holes oval out and my axle start shifting, ball joints go bad. So I call up Marcus and get a great deal on poly ball joints polly c-gussets and polly lower control arm mounts. I call a few shops around town and nobody will install parts not purchased at their shop. Cause my town sucks ass! (understandable) As I exhaust my resourses I call up longview driveshaft to get a quote. "$385 for ball joints $70 for an alignment and $120 for gussets and lowe control arm mounts(because axle will be apart anyway for ball joints)" I think to myself thats not too bad $575 out the door with me supplying the parts. Appointment was set!

Dropped the jeep off wed. and was told it would be ready thursday morning first thing. They never called. I called noon on thursday: "will be ready first thing friday" called friday morning : "just need to do the alignment, come at noon."

Show up, inspect jeep before going inside, everything looks correct. (thank god)
Walk inside and the dude(terry) says "I gave you a deal on the labor cause it took my guy 12 hours to finish but I'll only charge you for 10"

I sigh......

"Total comes to $930"
Me:"missed the quote by only that much!(hold hands 2 feet apart)
Him: "what quote?"

I sigh.....

No written quote over the phone or before I left after droping it off. "Its my fault." I tell myself. All in all $1500 for ball joints C-gussets and new lower control arm axle mounts and an allignment. I could of bought a welder and a press and still saved $200 by doing it myself. Did I get scrrewed or what?

Let the flaiming commence....

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
I met the little old guy who owns it (I think he said he owned it). Hung out in a parking lot talking Jeeps for an hour. He had a stock JKU. He seemed sharp but your story would make me think twice about ever useing them. That sucks that you got jerked around.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
damn.... tell them not to come and infect florida...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts