JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics from Long Ranch, TX from Oct 13, had a great time and throughly enjoyed it.

Should have some more pics soon:

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
Looking real good there Phil!

Welcome to the forum!

I wonder if straddling that ledge a little using the wider JK stability wouldn't make that ledge pretty easy with the wheelbase? I know the angled approach made the Double Whammy a cake walk. Although I think your ledge is a little steeper than the Whammy.

Just a thought.

:beer:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice pics Phil ! Glad to see you over here. :beer:

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Looking real good there Phil!

Welcome to the forum!

I wonder if straddling that ledge a little using the wider JK stability wouldn't make that ledge pretty easy with the wheelbase? I know the angled approach made the Double Whammy a cake walk. Although I think your ledge is a little steeper than the Whammy.

Just a thought.

:beer:
We discussed this over on jkwheeling and Duke, the driver felt after seeing the pic that he could have used momentum to get the rear tires to the face of the ledge and get them to working on the climb. They were very close when you he was sitting on the gas tank skid.

The top looked very loose and without traction and shortening the angle might have posed a hiccup because you tend to loose a little "bite" from one of the corners as the body roles over into the ledge.

I was just amazed.... that he got as close as he did because I had originally only seen the first pic and it didnt' look like he was going to do anything but a turtle dance up there.

I'm thinking the next time just tweaking the line just a little and slight momentum right when the rear wheel start to meet the base of the ledge and it would be a smooth deal.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
Nice pics Phil ! Glad to see you over here. :beer:
We need to get BJ to get us a plan for some time in the early spring so we can line up a few JKs to run through Hot Springs.

I think I might get with BJ over at jkwheeling and see if we can wrangle some JKs to meet up for a ride some time after the first of the year.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think you're right. In this picture here you can see how close the rear tires are to starting the ledge. With just a little bit more momentum and a good angle I think he'd have been right up it.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome "Phil",...I've always enjoyed your Wheelin Pic's", you be the man with a "Rubi" & an "H3".. Does the H3 get high centered like our JK's both with a longer wheel base...I know with mine, I know what lines are going give me trouble so I do the "Momentum / Sled" procedure.:D

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you be the man with a "Rubi" & an "H3"..
No H3 for me, but used to have a H2.

Does the H3 get high centered like our JK's both with a longer wheel base...
H3's get high centered as stock LJ's. Their biggest clearance issue is usually the rear spring hangers and all that crap hanging under the axle.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We discussed this over on jkwheeling and Duke, the driver felt after seeing the pic that he could have used momentum to get the rear tires to the face of the ledge and get them to working on the climb. They were very close when you he was sitting on the gas tank skid.
I'm not entirely convinced momentum would be the best way, he was on the frame and gas tank real solid. I was stood right there and thought he couldn't do it, but now seeing the pics I think a little bit of angle may have done the job.

·
Registered
irate4x4 dot com
1,795 Posts
I'm not entirely convinced momentum would be the best way, he was on the frame and gas tank real solid. I was stood right there and thought he couldn't do it, but now seeing the pics I think a little bit of angle may have done the job.
You getting mellow in your old age? :grinpimp:

I would figure you would be all for a little momentum.;)

Yep, pics always have a tendancy to distort how things really are/were and while its fun to play "what if" by looking at them you never really can tell unless you are there and see the whole "picture."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts