JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Nice pics Phil! Looks like a good time out there with the H2 in the pack.

I see you have your hood vents installed. Did they make a difference?

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see you have your hood vents installed. Did they make a difference?
Yes, or at least I think so. It's hard to say for sure, but the intake temp ran anywhere from 5-10°F cooler on the highway, and I never saw much over 130°F on the trail. I was getting 140-150°F around town before, and it was 105°F out at Long Ranch. There is 150-160°F air coming out of the vents once the engine warms up. I'll be doing a write up later.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I think that bodyguy has the bestop as well- said it doesnt fit at all- tight, and was asking Phil about his ORH bikini...guess he liked the look. I dunno...I have a hardtop, was drinkin, and waitin for a hummer to flop over...

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
I think that bodyguy has the bestop as well- said it doesnt fit at all- tight, and was asking Phil about his ORH bikini...guess he liked the look. I dunno...I have a hardtop, was drinkin, and waitin for a hummer to flop over...
lol I wasnt gonna say anything about the hummer, but :laughing2:

I want a hardtop. Well part of one. I want the 2 front panels for a mini bikini top. Too many other mods to buy first.

You both have nice rigs btw.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Jmo..but my hard top was supposedly fixed twice so far...still freakin leaks like a freshly shot hog. Bastards say "oh bring it in again ( well pump some more butyl in there and replace the seals again..and then hit it w/ high pressure water again and see if we can saturate the interior again and if that works then...) . Sorry, been slammin a few longnecks. But Really...Mopar still hasnt been able to fix the freedom top leaks and its like almost 2009. Just be warned before throwin down the $$$. Oh, freakin, BTW...with all the heat in Texas recently,,,I went to remove the front panels the other day, and when I removved the pass side...it FKN oozed black sticky butyl down my pass side seat!!! OH mopar...you fkn freaky pig fkrs....Rant over...Homer sleep now.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it is a ORH top. It is great for the trail, as I can go from weatherproof soft top to bikini top in a matter of minutes, and vice versa.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh, freakin, BTW...with all the heat in Texas recently,,,I went to remove the front panels the other day, and when I removved the pass side...it FKN oozed black sticky butyl down my pass side seat!!! OH mopar...you fkn freaky pig fkrs....Rant over...Homer sleep now.
Yeah, tell me about it - it regularly gets +100F down here, and in my concrete jungle lot, it passes 140F inside the jeep w/ the top all on. I've been leaving the fronts off as a way to avoid jumping into an oven in the afternoon, one that won't cool down until dark even. Add to that the chemical odor from the plastic and the extra oomph from the bestop flex-a-trunk, and BAM it's like getting into a chemical vat. I have to leave the doors open when starting it for the first time in the afternoon until some of the heat and much of the chemical odor passes.

But, back to the front panels...

Imagine my surprise the first 100F afternoon I took the front's off and little black stringies got caught in the wind - flew all over my windshield, dashboard, etc. That stuff's nasty too - doesn't come off well.

As a side note, mine doesn't leak =) Ok, I've had two-three drops on my dash/shifter, but that was when it was cold. I haven't put the knobs back in, and don't even get a drop during heavy downpours.

!c

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Just wait till you have to get that gooey sh*t off of the seats...Now I know why they used a stain resistant fabric! "Way to think ahead of the curve, Chrysler!" you fkn aholes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts