JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I am tired fo fighting my 2013 2 door with caster, wandering etc...

What I have:

RE front and rear CA's Short Arm

Rock Krawler 3.5" Triple rate coils

Bilstein 5100's

I am looking to basically change the short arms to a long arm upgrade. I guess I am limited to whatever Desert Rat or 4 Wheel can install since I cant weld also.

I am leaning towards TeraFlex or a Rock Krawler X Factor. I will say the RK springs made a big difference but I am sure a long arm will make them even better.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Not to sway your mind, but what else is done under there? Maybe it's as simple as a few adjustments.

TeraFlex and RK both make really nice long arm kits. I have the X-Factor long arm in my two door with the 3" rear stretch and it works great. If you have any questions about the kit I'll be happy to answer them. I just bumped my build thread (Ole Tink Tink).

Marcus

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to sway your mind, but what else is done under there? Maybe it's as simple as a few adjustments.

TeraFlex and RK both make really nice long arm kits. I have the X-Factor long arm in my two door with the 3" rear stretch and it works great. If you have any questions about the kit I'll be happy to answer them. I just bumped my build thread (Ole Tink Tink).

Marcus
Marcus I also have Teraflex HD Flip Kit, TF Monster Track Bar, and just recently installed the Currier Anti Rock(front).

I have had the front upper arms adjusted several times, caster settings have been 2.6, 3.7 and 5*

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
Marcus I also have Teraflex HD Flip Kit, TF Monster Track Bar, and just recently installed the Currier Anti Rock(front).

I have had the front upper arms adjusted several times, caster settings have been 2.6, 3.7 and 5*
Do you have uppers and lowers or just the uppers in the front?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have uppers and lowers or just the uppers in the front?
I got all 8 arms with the Rubicon Express Lift. The front lowers are fixed however.

I am thinking if I had a 4 door these arms would be fine with the extra wheel base, just seems the 2 doors suffer ride quality more as you lift them.

My actual lift height is closer to 4.5" with the Rock Krawler coils also.

·
Mechanic
1,068 Posts
what track bar setup? why not just upgrade your control arms and wheel it that way? not trying to talk you out of the long arm (i have RK's 3 link front/rear) but I'm sure Murray and I could do the short arms and get the specs right for a fee towards toys for tots.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
I got all 8 arms with the Rubicon Express Lift. The front lowers are fixed however.

I am thinking if I had a 4 door these arms would be fine with the extra wheel base, just seems the 2 doors suffer ride quality more as you lift them.

My actual lift height is closer to 4.5" with the Rock Krawler coils also.
I agree, they do sit tall and the 3.5s are really tall for not being able to adjust the lowers up front along with the upper to get things right.

Murray and ^ could definitely look at it and help you dial it in. Long arms are sweet, just a big undertaking as I'm sure you already know. I love my long armed two door and would definitely do it if that's the direction you're set on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what track bar setup? why not just upgrade your control arms and wheel it that way? not trying to talk you out of the long arm (i have RK's 3 link front/rear) but I'm sure Murray and I could do the short arms and get the specs right for a fee towards toys for tots.
TeraFlex TB up front....stock in the rear

I am not sure replacing the short arms with another brand of short arms will do the trick as they will still have steep angels vs parallel with long arms.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree, they do sit tall and the 3.5s are really tall for not being able to adjust the lowers up front along with the upper to get things right.

Murray and ^ could definitely look at it and help you dial it in. Long arms are sweet, just a big undertaking as I'm sure you already know. I love my long armed two door and would definitely do it if that's the direction you're set on.
From what I have been told(and it could be wrong) even if I had adjustable lowers there would be be any further adjustment(longer) than what the RE fixed lowers are since they are about 1 inch longer than stock.

I am strongly leaning towards the Long Arm and I can afford it at the moment.

The TeraFlex Long Arm Upgrade plus install was quoted at $3000 installed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've had the tereflex since 08 and I've just now has to redo some joints. It also flexes great with 12in coilovers

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Just putting currie bushings in my 2 doors front axle cured a lot of handling issues. Long arms won't do nothing for caster angle.
Do you have the previous gen RK coils ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Nice ^ the ride of the new coils is amazing. I run the 2.5's but with 3.5" of actual height on a 2 door.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice ^ the ride of the new coils is amazing. I run the 2.5's but with 3.5" of actual height on a 2 door.

I have the 3.5" coils so I am sitting at 4.5" of lift. At that height with a 2 door I am probably not going to get the ride I am looking for out of a short arm.

Today I went ahead and orderd the TeraFlex LA Upgrade kit.

http://www.teraflex.biz/elite-lcg-jk-long-arm-upgrade-kit-arms-and-brackets.html

I liked the the RK X factor kit also, and would have gone that route but by RK owns admission they are way behind on orders - it took me almost a month to get my coils. When I want to make a purchase I want instant gratification :bounce: and I am not very patient - although I try to be!

Price was a factor also.... Tera and RK were within my budget with good reviews.

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
You could bring it up here and have LetzRoll or 4 Wheelers Supply do the install. Probably get better quality with fewer issues from those two over DR or 4WP. Just my take.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts