JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 200 miles on my 14 2dr jk. I'm doing a build before it gets dirty... I doing a 3-1/2 in RK X-factor lift. My dilemma is the mid arm or long arm! The price diff is about 1000$ between kits, less the install. Is it worth the $ and time to install? I'm going to run 37's with flat fenders. Not daily driver, but besides the road washouts, riverbeds, blast rock, I will take road trips on hwy's to explore.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
If it can fit in your budget, the long arm in our opinion is certainly worth it...

Nothing provides better balance off-road than suspension that has no binding points.... That is of course, just our opinion...

RK

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Mid arm is a made up marketing term to make you think you are getting something special, which you are not. IF you have to ask about the differences I highly doubt you should even be considering a long arm suspension.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Mid arm is a made up marketing term to make you think you are getting something special, which you are not. IF you have to ask about the differences I highly doubt you should even be considering a long arm suspension.
Boom... your question answered in three lines.

Honestly, go out and wheel it. I'm almost certain that the Jeep, as is, can out wheel you. What I mean is that the Jeep is capable of more than what you're willing to do.

Reading forums and doing a hypothetical build is good and bad. 8 months ago I would have told you that I planned on going with a certain brands 3.5" lift, 35's, different tires and a very particular 17" alloy wheel. Now, I'm on another brands 2.5" lift, going to different 35's (I spent all season on 33's, I did fine) and I'm a big advocate for 15" wheels, they are steel and I love em. Rather than building the Jeep all at once, I did it bits at a time. It kinda sucked but I'm glad I did, cause I know what works and what I don't need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts