JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the RE long arm kit or the Metalcloak short arm long travel kit. Any suggestions? Why? This is for a 99 6cyl 5spd soon to be in 35s. Mostly for mud but I want to be able to get through just about anything other than extreme rock climbing. Looking to spend less than $4k

·
Registered
321 Posts
Looking at the RE long arm kit or the Metalcloak short arm long travel kit. Any suggestions? Why? This is for a 99 6cyl 5spd soon to be in 35s. Mostly for mud but I want to be able to get through just about anything other than extreme rock climbing. Looking to spend less than $4k
Metal cloak. IF you are primarily mudding then the short arm is what you want and will save you a lot of coin.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The short arm metal cloak kit that I was looking at is the same price as the RK and RE long arm kits. I don't mind spending the coin on a long arm kit if its going to ride better in and out of the woods. I would also love to find some more technical trails as I've only really used full size truck for the woods until this point so maybe that's an aspect of the woods that ill enjoy more.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I have a different approach with a TJ. Tummy tuck, lift engine tranny, 1" body lift, high line front fenders (kit or DIY), keep stock suspension, get a beefed up steering linkage. Put on 35"s. low centre of gravity, looks wicked, handles like stock, less hassles from extreme state laws ( depending on your state of course)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wife has LA on hers, the ride is amazing on the road and off road. Admittingly, I went cheaper and got the RC long arm upgrade and already had the lift and such.

Looking at LA on my JKU since hers rides so good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Long arm vs short arm is really a usless argument thats been beaten to death. Its all relitive to your suspension set up. If you want to know what size arms you need take the time and learn how to use a 4x4 link calculator, punch in your specs and build the arms to to fit your rig instead of just dropping a ton on cash on an overpriced bolt on company like MC...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts