JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using the Gen 3 LOD rear bumper? Looking at pictures it looks as though the full bumper, where it wraps around to the wheel well, may prohibit the running of 35"s.

How about the stubby? Any downsides?

Anyone using the Linked Gen 3 LOD bumper - the one that is attached to the rear door and swings with it?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
What size lift you have? I ran it on ky Teraflex 3" longarm with 35" mud grapplers and with 37" MT/R Kevlars and had no rubbing issues. The bumper doesn't wrap around into the wheel well. It stops at the inner edge of the fender flare. Just make sure you get the upgraded zinc enriched power coating or get it bare metal. Both my front and rear LoD bumpers have rusted like the Titanic requiring refinish.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What size lift you have? I ran it on ky Teraflex 3" longarm with 35" mud grapplers and with 37" MT/R Kevlars and had no rubbing issues. The bumper doesn't wrap around into the wheel well. It stops at the inner edge of the fender flare. Just make sure you get the upgraded zinc enriched power coating or get it bare metal. Both my front and rear LoD bumpers have rusted like the Titanic requiring refinish.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks - I have a 2.5 RK lift.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
Power coating has historically been a problem, though I've heard rumors he's changed who has does his powder so that may no longer be an issue.

One thing I noticed on the LoD bumpers I had, were the shackle tabs weren't as substantial as what other manufacturers were using. I think his were 1/2" maybe 5/8" max so that left a lot of play if you left the clevis shackle in at all times. Other companies I've seen use 3/4" shackle tabs.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have the LOD Gen3 rear bumper and no issues running the 35" tires. I am currently running 37" tires, and I don't rub on the bumper when flex'd....

Automotive tire Vehicle Off-roading Tire Jeep

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have the full-width rear bumper. I love the way it looks and is very well made. I spent the extra money for the zinc powder coat and it has held up pretty good so far. We haven't had the normal amount of road salt this year due to less then average snow fall. The shackle mounts are thin, but they are fully welded through the bumper into the frame mounts. The mounts are very beefy. I have also never heard of any failures of the shackle mounts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the LoD front and rear full-width bumpers. Oddly, the rear has thinner shackle mounts than does the front; I wish both were the thicker size. Other than that, I have no complaints, but I've had lots of compliments.

People ask who the manufacturer is since I had my install shop remove the LoD badges and plug the holes, for a cleaner look. (I don't like driving a billboard.) I even removed the Jeep badge on the grill because it looked garish to me.

(Someone please inform the factory that there's no need for the word "Jeep" to appear seven times along the dashboard: on four air vents, the steering wheel, the shift lever, and the glove box grab bar. I think purchasers know what vehicle they're driving and aren't likely to forget its name.)

·
Registered
546 Posts
You can use a toilet ballcock [rubber peice] in between your d-ring and the shackle mount to keep your d-ring from rattling.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.