JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a lockpick in my '10 sahara. The lock pick works fine but i am having problems with the camera. The camera has two RCA style plugs on the lockpick end - the yellow one goes right to the designated wire for the camera. where does the black one go? i didnt see an end...
my other question is does anyone have some suggestions on fabbing up a mounting bracket to mount the camera? It doesnt really work with our stock license plate set up and I'd prefer it to be centered anyway. I cant return it cuz i bought it off another jeeper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I just installed a lockpick in my '10 sahara. The lock pick works fine but i am having problems with the camera. The camera has two RCA style plugs on the lockpick end - the yellow one goes right to the designated wire for the camera. where does the black one go? i didnt see an end...
my other question is does anyone have some suggestions on fabbing up a mounting bracket to mount the camera? It doesnt really work with our stock license plate set up and I'd prefer it to be centered anyway. I cant return it cuz i bought it off another jeeper.
I installed this in my 08 Sahara and it works great. The black wire from the camera, goes to the black wire in the lockpick harness, this is ground. For my camera, I just drilled holes in the bumper and mounted direct, below the plate, centered on the bumper

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured out the wiring last night. I was actually considering doing the same set up, going straight thru the bumper. Hired it work for your visibility being down low like that?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
105 Posts
I like the visability it offers. I have a 4" lift and 35" tires, so having it low lets me see if there is anything low, close to the bumper, say a kids bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts