JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Barcam and if you did where did you put it? I'm definitely having issues right now because it's not fitting on the rear license plate holder like it's supposed to! Lol, go figure huh....
Any ideas??? I don't want it to on or below the bumper, that's how I broke my last one. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like to help you out but can't see the back of your rig, to see how its outfitted, on your profile. I'm interested as well, I'm gonna slap a few cameras on mine.
The back is just stock... The Barcam is supposed to screw in the license plant holes using 2, 1/4 in. Philips screws and nuts. The problem is that we only have screws on one side of our license plate mount, the other side has the little nubs. The other issue I'm having there is the license plate light hangs to low so I can't put it on the top and if I put it on the bottom of there isn't enough length in the pigtail to reach the break light hole...

·
Registered
424 Posts
The back is just stock... The Barcam is supposed to screw in the license plant holes using 2, 1/4 in. Philips screws and nuts. The problem is that we only have screws on one side of our license plate mount, the other side has the little nubs. The other issue I'm having there is the license plate light hangs to low so I can't put it on the top and if I put it on the bottom of there isn't enough length in the pigtail to reach the break light hole...
You are wanting to put it in the stock license plate holder/location? Why would you put a camera off center?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
763 Posts
How much clearance is under you 3rd brake light and tire and what's the housing made of? Can you return the CoastalTec product? You may want to either get a bullet cam (pressure mounted in a lug nut opening on your spare), or other type of camera and mount it elsewhere (like screwed under your CHMSL or on top).

You may have to do a little bit of custom work but there's not was you're going to lose it, and you can wire it through the tailgate to the reverse light, the the rest down the passenger side the to head unit. If you splice wire or drill use RTV or silicone. You will have to take the CHMSL lens apart before drilling.

Here's a WEBSITE with the various cameras. They are a little more $ but the quality should be better at night and day.

This is what I would do.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are wanting to put it in the stock license plate holder/location? Why would you put a camera off center?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
You can adjust the sights on this camera so it wouldn't matter if it wasn't centered on the Jeep...

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much clearance is under you 3rd brake light and tire and what's the housing made of? Can you return the CoastalTec product? You may want to either get a bullet cam (pressure mounted in a lug nut opening on your spare), or other type of camera and mount it elsewhere (like screwed under your CHMSL or on top).

You may have to do a little bit of custom work but there's not was you're going to lose it, and you can wire it through the tailgate to the reverse light, the the rest down the passenger side the to head unit. If you splice wire or drill use RTV or silicone. You will have to take the CHMSL lens apart before drilling.

Here's a WEBSITE with the various cameras. They are a little more $ but the quality should be better at night and day.

This is what I would do.
I have no room under my break light. I will return it for the bullet cam if I can't figure this one out it's just that the bullet cam doesn't have the night vision. Thanks for the Site I'm going to go check it out. The housing is just a waterproof plastic. I am trying to think of a mount behind the spare tire right now just like the bullet idea but up farther so it's in between the wheel spokes... I don't know if it will interfere with the night vision lighting???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts