JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thiking about getting lockers for my 07 sahara.Am leaning toward the Auburn Ected lockers,anyone have any pro's or con's.

· Registered
1,502 Posts
go with an Aussie up front. Easy install, cheap price but their lockers have been proven time and time again.
Hmmmm, let's see here. A fella from Ga (one ice storm every 50 years) tellin' a fella from Ky A couple of winter storms per year to put in non-selectable front lockers. Folks, do your research, slick roads and always-on front lockers don't mix. I've heard some good stuff about the Ecteds, but before you make up your mind take a long look at the Mopar D44 drop in.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey now, I didnt take notice he was in KY so :thefinger:

I am very aware auto lockers suck in the snow/ice. Guess Ill make sure I check the location on the map of each poster before responding next time.

O and we so got snow 3 times last winter in ATL. 1" baby!

· Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey now, I didnt take notice he was in KY so :thefinger:

I am very aware auto lockers suck in the snow/ice. Guess Ill make sure I check the location on the map of each poster before responding next time.

O and we so got snow 3 times last winter in ATL. 1" baby!
:laughing2: Just checkin' to see if you were awake.:beer: I saw those storms you had. When I lived down south even the threat of that kind of weather would empty every supermarket, gas station and shut down the town for days.

· Registered
1,068 Posts
:laughing2: Just checkin' to see if you were awake.:beer: I saw those storms you had. When I lived down south even the threat of that kind of weather would empty every supermarket, gas station and shut down the town for days.
Last winter our 3 "snow" storms didn't even stick over night yet folks were going crazy... Sad, just sad.

· Registered
274 Posts
On the plus side, the $250 Aussie Locker is the MOST street friendly, as it DOES make the outer tire go faster than the inside tire on turns, while POWERING both sides...

...Which means that of the non-selectable lockers, its the most invisible in daily use.

Obviously, if you have the clams, a selectable is a no brainer....but its hard to not consider a $250 alternative....especially up front where you're not engaged on the road anyway.

:D

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank You all for your input.:beer:

· Registered
721 Posts
I just had the Auburn Ected installed front and rear going to test them out at Rausch Creek this weekend. Played with them a little on a few hill climbs work great the only con is it is a limited slip diff so you can feel a difference in the front when you are in 2wd.

· Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You Mall Krawler,let me know how you like them.:beer:

· Registered
721 Posts
Thank You Mall Krawler,let me know how you like them.:beer:
They worked great when locked but the front won't unlock had to be towed to the dealer. we will see if the dealer will take care of this? It was making a loud clicking or clunking sound when I tried to unlock it per their instuctions to drive it on high traction surface and turn left for 15 feet and then right for 15 feet to onload the axle and thats when it went clank so they better cover it and send me one that works. the rear one worked just fine.

· Banned
3,219 Posts
They worked great when locked but the front won't unlock had to be towed to the dealer. we will see if the dealer will take care of this? It was making a loud clicking or clunking sound when I tried to unlock it per their instuctions to drive it on high traction surface and turn left for 15 feet and then right for 15 feet to onload the axle and thats when it went clank so they better cover it and send me one that works. the rear one worked just fine.
Little confused, The instructions say to drive 15 feet turned left then 15 feet turned right on a high traction surface to unload the axle? did I understand that correctly?

· Registered
721 Posts
New locker is in the other one the carrier broke. This one feels much better than the first one did I think there was a problem with the other locker because even when it was off I could feel it up front, the LSD was fighting it self as it went down the road. It might have been bad from the factory or installed wrong but the new one feels better.Have not turned it on yet but will test it out this weekend at Rausch Creek.

· Registered
750 Posts
Front Aussie, (with the BLD) kicked A$$ up at Rausch, and had 3 - 4 snows in Pa. and I was real anxious, but I had "Zero" problems driving in the snow.

· Registered
44 Posts
Don't get the Auburn Ected. Bad design. It uses a two piece spider gear design that, when unlocked, only uses about 5/16" to 3/8" of the end of the axle. Causing the very end of the axle to snap off. Then you have nothing unless you lock it.

ARB lockers are selectable, strong 4 pinoin gear design, long time proven, and the best choice for a selectable locker.

Here is a good deal on one for the rear.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3772

· Registered
1,502 Posts
Don't get the Auburn Ected. Bad design. It uses a two piece spider gear design that, when unlocked, only uses about 5/16" to 3/8" of the end of the axle. Causing the very end of the axle to snap off. Then you have nothing unless you lock it.

ARB lockers are selectable, strong 4 pinoin gear design, long time proven, and the best choice for a selectable locker.

Here is a good deal on one for the rear.

http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3772
Have they come up with one for the D44 front yet?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.