JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
I would love that locker, only I am not going to even attempt such an install...forget about a mechanic...from what I see, there's atleast 4+ hours involved, at $85.00 per hour of lift time...hmmm...about $400-$500 for install...wish I wasn't so mechanically disinclined...hell, I can barely do a walk around correctly...even after many thousands of hours of stick time...:bawling:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I would love that locker, only I am not going to even attempt such an install...forget about a mechanic...from what I see, there's atleast 4+ hours involved, at $85.00 per hour of lift time...hmmm...about $400-$500 for install...wish I wasn't so mechanically disinclined...hell, I can barely do a walk around correctly...even after many thousands of hours of stick time...:bawling:

Aw! come on Dustoff, you still have few "Walk Arounds" left in ya.
or do you :laughing2:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Nice...very nice....unfortunately, I only had "slicks"...except for 6 months as a gunner on a AH1...no problem reaching "down" though...:thefinger:

·
Registered
774 Posts
It isn't a problem. The install is about 2 hours and anybody with any kind of ability can do it. I did mine and would do another any time.

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
NO, there are differences between the old D30's and the new ones. Ring gear is thicker, carrier is diffent deminsions, thrust washers are different thickness and have spring to them, tubes are thicker, etc, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts