JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im looking at getting eatons e lockers for the front and rear of my 08 jkus. i will be doing 4.56 gears as well, stock gears are 3.73 and my jeep came with the lsd diff in the rear. what im asking is where i am going from in the d30 3.73 to 4.56 so i get a locker that says for 3.73 and up and for the rear i get e locker 3.73 and down? really confused and cant seem to wrap my head around it.
part numbers from 4wheelparts.com

eat 19818-010
g/2 2-2032-456r
g'2 35-2032

rear
eat 19977-010
g\2 2-2052-456
g\2 35-2052

any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay Awesome!! thanks. when i type in the parts #s for the front it says d30 cj/yj? would it be the same as the jk d30?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Call Marcus at river city offroad. Great to work with and you'll supporting the little guy.

He doesn't list them on his website but he will verbally verify exactly what you want get you exactly what you need. Im about to order one for my rear.

·
Registered
118 Posts
FYI, I had the same question when I bought mine. You want the 3.73 and down Eaton even if you are installing larger gears than a 3.73 because JKs have thicker gears. Confusing yes. I would call Marcus also.

Also, I did the Eaton in the front that used 30 spline shafts instead of 27 spline. Upgraded the axles and cyro froze the gear set.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FYI, I had the same question when I bought mine. You want the 3.73 and down Eaton even if you are installing larger gears than a 3.73 because JKs have thicker gears. Confusing yes. I would call Marcus also.

Also, I did the Eaton in the front that used 30 spline shafts instead of 27 spline. Upgraded the axles and cyro froze the gear set.
RCV is the only shafts 30 spline for a jk dana 30 right?

if so its way out of budget at this time and would make my weak link the r&p correct?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts