JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the benefits of using relays when overriding the stock lockers vs. not using relays?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the info :)

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
if you use the carling switches you need to use relays in order to make the 'on' indicator lights work right.
Not necessarily...

Use the yellow/orange and yellow/white leads on the factory relays and apply + to them from your switch.

Would be a combo of Page 3 & 4, wire the switch like Page 3, then miss out the relay like on Page 4.

http://www.trailduty.com/temp/lockers/lockers.pdf

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Yeah Phil, that makes sense, I never thought about hitting the other side of the factory relay :shocked:

I thought I could do it without a relay by essentially wiring the lights in the switch backwards and switching the ground and it worked with the jeep on, but when the jeep was shut off I ended up with a pale glow on the 'find me' lights on the switch, some kind of back feed across the bulbs, so I just went with the relays under the hood.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks :) i did it yesterday. I used the racing style toggle switches with the cover because i was concerned about the rubber shift boot accidently activating them when switching in 1. or 3. gear.
When i get a leather shift boot i'll switch to Carling switches.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, as the switch is going to the CANBUS and the computer is controlling everything.
thanks. congrats to the 1000th post!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lolz

1 - 14 of 14 Posts