JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did my locker override last week and noticed that when i'm in 4lo and use the factory switch to engage the lockers, the light in the instrument panel just keeps blinking like the lockers aren't engaging. Is this normal? this is happening w/o even messing with the override switches - they are in off position.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
if the override is done correctly, the factory switches should function normally - i.e. the light will not blink when they are locked.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are wired correctly, however i was turning the rear locker override on once when the locker was already engaged via the factory switch. that's when the light started blinking and is doing it ever since when i try to use the factory locker switch.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
they are wired correctly,
Define wired correctly?

however i was turning the rear locker override on once when the locker was already engaged via the factory switch.
I have to ask, why?

that's when the light started blinking and is doing it ever since when i try to use the factory locker switch.
Depending on how you wired the override you may have have blown something by using the override switch and the factory switch, but without knowing how you wired it, it is hard to say.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wired it according to the last method of your wiring diagram, positive switched - no relays.
I'm not sure why i flipped the switch, i guess i wanted to see if the light stays on. yea, i know....
i kinda don't think something is broken because i only flipped the rear locker override switch & the front locker light is only blinking as well. maybe the computer got confused.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Not sure why anything should be wrong.

The light flashes for two reasons:

1/ The system is trying to engage the locker, but the locker is not engaged.

2/ The system is not trying to engage the locker, but the locker is engaged.

When using the override 2/ is what would apply.

First thing I would do is check that the locker is actually engaging. I would try both methods, but not at the same time.

If it is engaging correctly, I would then check the sensor on the diff with a meter and make sure it is working correctly.

Have you had any work done on the diffs recently?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, i finally had the time to check up on this. I found 2 things:

1. the locker fuse was blown
2. my override doesn't work

I think i may try this method , i like the idea of using the factory switch for the lockers since the dang rubber shift boot on the manual is really in the way.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forgot to add; the the lockers work now with the factory switch.

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
1. the locker fuse was blown
Hmmm, I wonder if having them both switched on blew the fuse, although I don't see why.

I think i may try this method , i like the idea of using the factory switch for the lockers since the dang rubber shift boot on the manual is really in the way.
I considered going that route, but wanted independent control of the lockers, in particular the front one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmmm, I wonder if having them both switched on blew the fuse, although I don't see why.

I considered going that route, but wanted independent control of the lockers, in particular the front one.
that's definitely a good point.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts