JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal.

I have 5 295/70/17 (full 33") Nitto Terra Grappler tires on 17X8 Cragar Soft 8 rims (5x5 Bolt pattern with either a 4 or 4.5" backspacing). These tires have about 7-8000 miles on them and have been on the vehicle since March of 2010. These are a decent tire and have served me well on the trail. One tire has been plugged as it had a nail through it. The tires were all road force balanced at Les Schwab just before New Years. They are currently installed on my JK Unlimited. New these tires and rims were about $1300.

I've shifted my focus and instead of any serious trail riding, I am just going to drive forest roads and do camping. These tires are a bit much for my needs, and I'd like to improve my gas mileage and ride a bit so I'm looking to get rid of them.

What I propose is a one for one swap. Looking for OEM 17inch rims and tires for a JK with comparable or less mileage. Would prefer the tires that come with the Rubicon.

Additionally, I also have a superchips programmer that would no longer be needed by me to reprogram your speedometer. I could probably resell this for $250 easy, but if you do the swap, I'll give it to you for $200

I have a torque wrench so we can make sure the swap is done right. We can work out the details of when and where to do the swap.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Probably a little older/worn than you're looking for but hey, I'll thrown my hat in...I have my set of stock BFG's and rubi rims. They are on my jeep as well. probably at 50% tread though. One tire has a plug but the spare is brand new. I can get a better pic...since I've owned it I've kept up on the rotations and PSI.:grinpimp:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, thought I deleted this. I found a set from another local guy. Nice Jeep BTW. I have the Rugged Ridge full width bumper on and the same Northridge sticker across my front window too.

What brand of roof rack are you running with? I'm looking into them and may eventually pick one up.

·
Registered
285 Posts
LOL I figured it was a long shot on the tires but I had to offer...I'm running the wilderness rack from Garvin. It's nice and sturdy but if I were to do it all over again I'd get the Gobi stealth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What did you end up with for tires? I hate we missed the backcountry run in February. Hopefully we can try to get a run at it again when you get back.

Bob K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts