JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I think I'm selling my JK so started an LJ build a few weeks ago. Here are the specs and I'll get some pictures up as I go.

04 LJ w/ 71k miles; paid 5700 for it, was wrecked in the front needed hood, grill & fenders!
Here is what I'm doing...

Nemesis Highline & flares - front done

AEV hood - done

Nemesis rear corners & flares, custom made for 4" stretch and 38s-40s

Nemesis Billy Rockers

Nemesis drop down tailgate conversion

79 Ford 8 lug HP60 with 5.13s & detroit - Done

00 Ford 8 lug D60u(out of E350, smooth bottom & disc brakes!) 5.13 gears & E-Locker - Done

RockKrawler Stretch Long Arm belly pan, 4" rear stretch 4 link, 2" front stretch, solid lowers & DOM uppers with Krawler joints.

Coilovers front and rear & air bumps, TBD, plan on no more than 2-3" lift with either 38s or 40s, so length will be figured out when I get it all mocked up.

Dual 231 transfer cases - need to buy adapter & block off plate and I'm ready to throw this in

Cut out rear crossmember & move fuel tank back 5" - Done

1 ton Chevy steering on front - Done

Drill front hubs for 9/16ths lugs to match rear - Done

Paint - planning on staying with Silver, but that could change. :grinpimp: I'm sure I'm missing some things & I'll re organize as I post up pictures.

Hopefully have it on the road by the end of January, but in reality it'll probably take me until sometime in February as nothing goes as plans! Haha.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Nice! Looking forward to seeing this bad boy at rausch

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Frame is bare, axles are geared, time to start putting parts back on! I'll snap some pics today.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Man, I'd love to do an LJ build. Post pics!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
LJs are the shizznizzle but like stated above; PICS!!! JKO demands PICS!!! :beer:

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry guys, I'll take some more pictures this weekend and post them!
Suspension links are done, 1 ton steering setup, everything is finish welded, time to mock the coilover mounts!

For now I have 106" wheelbase, might move the front forward a bit more but we'll see how she works at this before moving the steering box forward.

After cylcing the suspension, Jeremy (RockKrawler) setup is perfect! Looks like I'll be using 16-17" travel coilovers front and rear with plenty of room. With the front lowers contacting the frame, I'm estimating I have room for about 26-27" of compressed shock if I mount my CO mounts as high as possible.

At full articulation with that much compressed shock the 38" will be about 3/4" from the highline fender. I could gain about another inch of uptravel by notching the frame for the lower arms, but not really worth it considering I'd be close to hitting the oil pan at that point.

Promise, pics are coming soon! Most shots I've taken will be posted also. I've barely been on the computer because I've been spending time working on this in between spending time with our new baby girl (about 3 months old) and learning a new job.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts