JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got new 305/70/18's on my 2011 jk 2 dr. I have a 2.5 inch RE express lift (coils springs) and matching bilstein 5100's. Went to Anza Borrego last weekend and rubbed really bad on the front of the rear fender well on pretty much any roller. I am running the stock bumpers with a fullsize spare on the back. Its not hitting the pinch seem. I talked to RE and they told me this set up is good for 35's on the street but they wouldnt recommend anything bigger than a 33 inch tire off road with this set up. I wish their literature said that. Anybody else running this set up with 35's? If so what mods did you do? Not sure if I can make it work or do I need to go to a different spring?

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Did the lift come with bumpstops? 2" bumpstop front and rear should stop any rubbing on the fenders.
Is it rubbing the front bumper at full turn and flexed?
Did you mount the tires on the stock rims? Wheel spacer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2' bump stops, not rubbing on the front bumper wheels are XD with 4.5" back space, its rubbing near the pinch seam on the front bottom of the fender well

·
pvanfab.com
540 Posts
Sorry, I didn't read your first post as well as I thought I did. I thought you were rubbing on the fender flares. Can you post a pic of your rear tire/wheel well? For example, this is a 3" lift, 315/70 r17, stock rear control arms

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
If you don't have adjustable control arms you will most likely have to trim the front pinch seam. Best thing to do it flex it with a forklift and check clearances all the way around your Jeep.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks like I'll have to remove the fender wells. When I started to rub I didn't keep pushing, I thought I was hitting the pinch seem. It looks like i am going to have to trim their too.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts