JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after months of research, waiting, etc....finally got the bumper lined and installed. My 9 yr old boy helped me with the intall. Da damn thing is heavy! No wonder they say that you need at least 2 people:mad: Luckily my boy was there to help with the nuts and bolts as I held up the bumper. Man, my whole body was aching after da install :laugh: Thanks for all the previous input. Now on to the winch and light mods....will it ever end:brickwall

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
RR, if your still onthe board...Is the bumper lined w/ Line-X? Rhino? Looks awesome. And also ...Are you runnin without a muffler? If so ...performance loss? sound? Just curious...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RR, if your still onthe board...Is the bumper lined w/ Line-X? Rhino? Looks awesome. And also ...Are you runnin without a muffler? If so ...performance loss? sound? Just curious...
Stub: Not sure about the exact type of lining. It was done by SprayLiner Hawaii. The is not Line-X dealer on the island of Oahu. In regards to the muffler, I am using the Cooltech/Managflow relocation kit in conjunction with an AEM Intake. Big sound improvement over the minivan sound! Not quite like the sound on my V8 Expy....
As far as performance my "butt dyno" feels a difference. I think that once I get calibrated with some sort of "tuning" via Hypertech or another company (I hope) that it will a much more noticeable difference.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Great info...Ithink your quick review of the Cooltech/ Magnaflow has put me inthe right direction, as I am looking for a new relocated exhaust...and others I've talked to, have given positive feedback on that set-up as well. "On the list". BTW- that rig must look sick w/ the KMC Rockstars...IMO, they are THE best looking rims for the jk to date. Awesome. Thanks for da feedback, much appreciated...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info...Ithink your quick review of the Cooltech/ Magnaflow has put me inthe right direction, as I am looking for a new relocated exhaust...and others I've talked to, have given positive feedback on that set-up as well. "On the list". BTW- that rig must look sick w/ the KMC Rockstars...IMO, they are THE best looking rims for the jk to date. Awesome. Thanks for da feedback, much appreciated...
Mahalo! The Ohana (family) and I are definitely having fun with it...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts