JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installation was pretty easy with all the videos on YouTube. I had my 3 year old home sick with me and he was climbing all over the inside while I installed the covers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Look good. Are they of a neoprene type material? Had much seat time yet? Not so concerned about being waterproof but my wet okleys I've had in the past gave me some pretty bad swamp ass. Not bueno...

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I crossed off all Neoprene covers early in my decision process and no regrets so far. They are a little taught still but should relax soon. They seem to feel cooler than neoprene so far but they are also less than a week old still.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cool, they look real good. I'd like to see some in person. I was just on their website and saw that they sell an air bladder that you can add on for lower lumbar support. Cool idea since our jeeps (at least mine) don't have that option.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, they look real good. I'd like to see some in person. I was just on their website and saw that they sell an air bladder that you can add on for lower lumbar support. Cool idea since our jeeps (at least mine) don't have that option.
Call Sal. They'll send you material samples in the colors you want. I've got their shade top on order as well.

I may paint my LoD rock slider inserts to match the blue and a, thinkng rancho tube doors with blue spiderwebshade covers too. :)

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn those look great!
Thanks. The color really pops in person, especially with the tops off (more light reflecting).

Nice tight fit and I'm an uber picky ex mechanic - someone who had to replace the factory material over the factory foam under warranty.

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I have a set of theirs on my jeep. Next time you are in Tucson stop in and take a peek at them.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Those look really good. Can you post up pics of the seat backs?

I've been thinking about getting a set with charcoal outer and black inner. Anyone got pics of the different Trek seat color options?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah maybe I'll call them and have them send me samples. Never even crossed my mind they'd do that. Thanks for the thought.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Told you that you wouldn't regret it!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah maybe I'll call them and have them send me samples. Never even crossed my mind they'd do that. Thanks for the thought.
They also sent me samples of their shade top in black and white. White went immediately into the shit can.

Sal mentioned that if you get their top and wanted to add color to it that matches the color in your seats, they would do it in the overhead storage version. Call Sal for info.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Those look really good. Can you post up pics of the seat backs?

I've been thinking about getting a set with charcoal outer and black inner. Anyone got pics of the different Trek seat color options?
I've got all black if you need pics of them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Those seat covers look good. I've got a question which is I want to get them to help water proof the seats. How do you think they do at waterproofing the seats

2014 JKUR 6 speed, grab handels, trunk. JCR full with bumper, warn zeon 10-s on its way. More to come as the wife lets me:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
I also love my Trek Armor seats & paracord handles. Easy to clean as I just found out again. Gave someone a ride back from the lake last night, she was wearing a blue fleece I'm guessing cuz it looked like someone murdered a smurf, seat had blue EVERYWHERE. ShopVac took it off instantly.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I haven't tried to clean mine yet but i think that it would be reasonable to expect some leakage through zipper pockets if you point a hose at them. The seems appear tight but I suppose a direct from a pressure washer in the right spot could make those seep. Coverage of the seat bottom cushions toward the rear of the seat is not perfect so you could get some moist OEM seat material around the side hinges.

Kids have spilled all kinds of stuff on them and the quadratec mats, which I see as going hand in hand with the covers.

Also have a couple of semi-matching blue para cord handles. While they look cool, your misbehaving kids can start yanking on the colored para cord strings and make them look terrible in a matter of minutes. I managed to persuade all the cord to mostly fit back into place with a tug here and there. Pain in the neck. Had to give the kids a talk.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The material is like a medium weave Cordura, almost as smooth as jeans.
After a rain, water beads on mine, hasn't soaked in, yet. I slap/hand wipe the covers and the beads disappear. Any residual dampness seems to stay at the surface and quickly evaporates.
They fit well, aren't so snug that they're a pain to install. Once installed, they don't want to move.
I think they'll last longer than the Jeep.

I'm glad I didn't get neoprene but the wait for this custom set(graphite MOLLE straps) almost had me throw in the towel and get some Marathon seat covers - basically the same material but no bells-n-whistles and only solid colors or camo.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I need to get new covers as well and I think I am sold on the black with grey inner area. Now, who has the best deals on them?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts