JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing the Or-Fab Gecko Skins on my 08 Rubi Unlimited and I am very happy with how it all turned out. I bought them from Jason at Rebel Offroad.

I had been planning on adding the armor this spring. On a recent charity wheeling event I sustained a little damage to the rear Driver's corner. That accelerated my plans. Here is a quick shot of the vehicle as it now sits.

I really like how they look. They fit nice and tight and are relatively simple to install. I also really like the use of very low-profile LED taillights.

I was tremendously pleased when today, my wife said, "I really like those new Lizzard things you put on your Jeep". She then said, "If you had those before your last trip you wouldn't have had a problem". Okay, that was bittersweet but at least she immediately saw the value in them.

Hope this helps a few of you who might be thinking about getting these corners.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Sweet. Really like the Gecko cutout and built in rub rails.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Very cool, sweet rig you have there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks real sharp..glad the install wasn't terrible.....let's go break them em in a month ;o) Now when are you getting those 40's put on this beast?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great Hemo! When are you getting some bigger meats?:eek:

When, "She who must be obeyed" says so. Seriously, it will probably be sometime this summer. I will step up from 35s to 38s or 40s.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Those are kinda sweet, gonna have to look into some.

Edit: Never mind, $650, too rich for my blood! They look sweet though.

Sent from my piece of crap Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Lok great, I have always been a fan of Or-Fab stuff!!

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Wow your rig really grew while I wasn't paying attention. Nice work, that really does look great with the color match too.

·
Registered
13,230 Posts
Very nice, that Gecko is cool.

·
Registered
163 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah that was on qtec, with the sliders and everything, like pictured on his jeep. Even $500 is overpriced in my own opinion, my winch bumper didn't even cost that much, and it has a lot more steel.

All I can say is that RumbleBee (my 08 Rubi Unlimited) is my daily driver. To me, the cost of the Or-Fab Gecko Skins is well worth it. They keep my Jeep looking good and give me a lot of protection on the trail. The Rub Rails are what convinced me to buy them. If I had had them installed a month ago I wouldn't have sustained the damage I did.

I'm sure they aren't for everyone but for some of us they definitely hit the spot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Don't misunderstand my meaning, they look really freaking awesome, and if I had that kind of cash they would be going on my rig as well. I just don't get the steep price tag is all.

Sent from my piece of crap Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Nice work, you even stole my idea of paint matching the corners and doing the rub rail in black! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts