JKOwners Forum banner

What do you think of Halo headlights on a Jeep?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
Gay and Bacon should be an option together....

·
Registered
400 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
but bacon is too good to be gay!!!

Agreed, but lights are so gay I couldn't leave that out. And can never leave bacon out... It was a hard choice.

·
Registered
979 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Why isn't J-Lo an option here? J-Lo would look f*ck*ng AWESOME on a Jeep! Especially mine. Naked. With bacon...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've seen some on JK's that looked pretty cool - I could see it for a "themed" Jeep build. Not for me though, I've got way more important mods I need to budget for...

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
I wish I had more hands.... so I could give halo lights four thumbs down !

Seriously. we should be able to vote multiple times !

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
run what you like. I wouldn't put them on mine, but i don't know that i would go so far as to call them full on gay.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Gay? Really? They may look ridiculous to some, but to use words like gay, retarded, etc is so ignorant and disrespectful in today's day and age. i guess stock setups are "so straight", Huh?
Lighten up francis !

It may not be politically correct but I cant find a better word to describe them !

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Well.... You're the only one that used the word "retarded" so you might want to consider those people that might take offense to you bringing up THAT particular word.

I don't find the word "gay" to be all that offensive in most contexts. I mean... fuck! Have you seen my Valentines Day posts? Now THOSE are full on gay!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lighten up francis !

It may not be politically correct but I cant find a better word to describe them !
It's not a matter of political correctness, its a matter of respect. If you can't manage to utter the words "looks terrible," "looks, disgusting," etc because its too much effort, than its not a matter of being able to describe them differently, its a matter of equating negative connotations with the word gay, which just screams underlying homophobia above all else. Do yourself a favor and remove the word gay from your vocabulary if you don't truly understand the word.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
^^^^ :rainbow2: :rainbow2:

:thefinger:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well.... You're the only one that used the word "retarded" so you might want to consider those people that might take offense to you bringing up THAT particular word.

I don't find the word "gay" to be all that offensive in most contexts. I mean... fuck! Have you seen my Valentines Day posts? Now THOSE are full on gay!
I didn't call anyone or anything retarded, in fact, I was discouraging the use of the words gay and retarded and other slurs that are often used with negative connotations to refer to something unrelated to the words themselves.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
Friendly advice, lighten up. Coming into this forum with a few posts and immediately trying to be the PC police won't really work out well. Just chill. I have custom projector headlights with shrouds painted to match the vehicle and the wheels on my Jeep and even I find halos to be rather goofy because they don't add any functional purpose to a purpose driven vehicle. I will say that I have seen switch back halos that go from bright white DRL's to a functional turn signal, those would be welcome. The rainbow colors, GTFO.

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
It's not a matter of political correctness, its a matter of respect. If you can't manage to utter the words "looks terrible," "looks, disgusting," etc because its too much effort, than its not a matter of being able to describe them differently, its a matter of equating negative connotations with the word gay, which just screams underlying homophobia above all else. Do yourself a favor and remove the word gay from your vocabulary if you don't truly understand the word.
If it makes you feel better that I am not a homophobe, I would rather taste a penis than have halo lights on my jeep !

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
If it makes you feel better that I am not a homophobe, I would rather taste a penis than have halo lights on my jeep !
I forwarded this quote to Esteban. He bought you pink halos...

1 - 20 of 90 Posts