JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a rough country 3 1/2" lift in our 2009 wrangler. Now I have the traction control light on and won't go out. Need help figuring out what to fix. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
did you go to Google and enter something like this--->
"2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited ETC warning after lift install" ?

Why don't you get any results back but I do? I don't understand.

:cwm13:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get an alignment, my slightly off center steering wheel made my traction control system very unhappy. Or, you may have damaged an abs sensor or line while doing the lift

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
or, use two 15mm box wrenches to re-center the wheel by rotating the adjustment sleeve on the draglink . Self aligned in 10 min. I assumed OP would have said something if their steering wheel was not centered , fwiw.

·
Registered
332 Posts
my TC does not enjoy my alignment, lift and 35s. I have been accelerating in a straight line in dry pavement and the TC light was going nuts.
theres times when im accelerating on the highway and it turns on and stays on for no reason.
They're not good systems IMO. But yes you either broke a part of the system or your alignment is too far off.
but the steering wheel issue is probably not what you have. When I had that issue with my steering wheel not only did it light up like a christmas tree but it also went into limp mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts