JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALLY! I picked up a set of Lightforce Strykers and got them installed. I also bought their wiring harness kit too as it contained the proper relay and inline fuse. Install went well other then it is a PITA to get the wiring into the cabin so I went in over the fender, under the vallance panel. and around the door jam. The relay trigger wire is connected to the highbeam wire behind the headlight (grille and headlight must be removed to get at this white/slate wire). Once done they will not come on unless the highbeams are on.
These suckers are bright WOW, I can spot a deer or moose on the road or in the ditch at least a 1/4 mile away...

Photos to follow later today...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Photos as promised..

·
Registered
647 Posts
why was it hard to get the wiring into the cabin? The jk is the easiest vehicle in the world to run wires into. If you have an auto just poke through the rubber clutch hole on the fire wall. Or any of the rubber grommets for that matter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
looks good.

What is wrong with the soft top? The frame is pointed up in the air instead of laying over the fender wells.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why was it hard to get the wiring into the cabin? The jk is the easiest vehicle in the world to run wires into. If you have an auto just poke through the rubber clutch hole on the fire wall. Or any of the rubber grommets for that matter.
Hmm, will have to take another look. Seemed to me like there was a double firewall.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good.

What is wrong with the soft top? The frame is pointed up in the air instead of laying over the fender wells.
I strap the frame to the roll bar. Thought it layed down better that way, but maybe I need to fold it differently.. Thanks I check it out.

·
Registered
647 Posts
yup...just take a hanger and poke through any of the rubber grommets that are empty. Its a super thin firewall. In fact there were pics of a tree branch going through a firewall at one point its so thin! Also pull the side dash covers and there are grommets in there as well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yup...just take a hanger and poke through any of the rubber grommets that are empty. Its a super thin firewall. In fact there were pics of a tree branch going through a firewall at one point its so thin! Also pull the side dash covers and there are grommets in there as well.
OK just checked it out. I still have tinfoil heat sheilding on the firewall so the only thing I see coming through the firewall is the steering column. I had the dash side panels off but didn't realize the gromlets there went all the way through, just looked to me as if it went in between the walls.. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts