JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed the instructions and found the hi beam wire but they are NOT coming on :(
ANY suggestions please??
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Per the instructions the standard approach is to splice them into the high-beam positive. If that doesn't work, you're able to use another method mentioned in the instructions.

However, the power harness on the JK now-a-days (headlights, radio, canbus, and such) is not something you really want to mess with. I would go a different route and wire a switch to it's own power and on/off switch.

I bought an sPod specifically for this reason. After it's installed, you just run the wires from your lights and you're done. Worth every penny.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured it out...the wire has to tap in to the low beam NOT the high beam wire that's where the power to the lights comes from then the hi beams will cut the power!
They work AWESOME now!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Actually they are suppose to be set up off the hi Beam wire but only as a trigger wire to power a relay. Power for the lights themselves comes direct from the battery. If you are direct powering them off the low beam light power wire without a relay you may have electrical issues in the near future. If you do a search here you will find the proper wiring diagram. Also Lightforce website also has an on-line diagram to download.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
Don't wire them to the hi-beam. Just use a relay, wire the positive on the lights to the 87, the negatives to the 86 (along with the negative lead to the factory fog lights), the positive of the factory fog light wiring to the 85, and the 30 to the battery or to the sPOD's positive terminal on the battery side of the sPOD (which is what I did).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts