JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm sitting here and my JK is outside encrusted in ice, and I'm looking to install my 52" light bar and bracket this weekend.

Question is this, I have a two light pillar bracket similar to this - https://www.quadratec.com/p/pro-comp/dual-sport-pillar-led-light-kit-07-17-jeep-wrangler-jk

and the full pillar bracket to mount the bar similar to this - https://www.quadratec.com/p/zroadz/front-roof-level-mounting-kit-52-led-light-bar-07-17-jeep-wrangler-jk

Are the bolts long enough or do I need new hardware??

Thx!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
What is the the thickness of those two brackets combined? Are you even going to be able to find a bolt that is only about what 1/4 inch longer. Most bolts run in inch and 1/2 inch lengths.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure probably a good 3/8 or so? Im not worried about going a 1/2 longer, but to get the bolts from here is like 2 hour ride, I just didn't want to pull it apart not knowing

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Not sure probably a good 3/8 or so? Im not worried about going a 1/2 longer, but to get the bolts from here is like 2 hour ride, I just didn't want to pull it apart not knowing

I didn't think CT was that big where you could drive 2 hours and not get a bolt?

Find the thread pitch and start looking at Fastenal online or even amazon. Maybe even a local hardware store might have them.

I think you would be ok using the stock bolts.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good thanks, got messed up with sudden travel for work, we have a place here the Nutty Company, every nut, bolt fastener known to man, used to be 15 minutes from me, moved to another town, almost an hour each way, you always get what you need, if they don't have it they don't make it, Home Depot and hardware stores here are useless beyond a 1/4 20

1 - 5 of 5 Posts