JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a compressor we should all chip in for one of these for brians garage.

This one is only $2,300 but only 6,000lb capacity. The 9,000lb one isn't much more.:grinpimp:

Is this thing on?.....

·
Premium Member
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had offered, but no one ever sent anything.

I can compile donations at [email protected] if people wanna send them via Paypal. Might be better to take up $ at the camping this weekend so Paypal doesn't get a cut.
Im in just a need to see which one he wants so we can get an idea of each "share" so to speak. Ill throw in $100 to get it started. When u get back? I know you have said but my memory is going fast......

Is this thing on?.....

·
Registered
936 Posts
I had pitched the idea originally that if we can get people to pitch in a minimum of $25 a member we could easily get about a grand between the JC members. I was looking into the paypal thing Jerm mentioned but like he said paypal would get a cut so I was trying to think of other options to get around the "house take". But I definitly think its worth a shot to get this going since not only would it benefit the JC but also Brian. I know when he was helping with my lift install he had mentioned the idea of getting a lift for his garage.

If all 80 or so memebers of the JC put up $100 thats 8grand thats more than enough for the lift and a compressor/air setup. with about 4500-5000 in extra.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Saw these not to long ago. Once I get a new shop built I think this 9 to 10k 2 pole lift will be right behind. There is a guy in Delaware that has some great pricing.

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
I had pitched the idea originally that if we can get people to pitch in a minimum of $25 a member we could easily get about a grand between the JC members. I was looking into the paypal thing Jerm mentioned but like he said paypal would get a cut so I was trying to think of other options to get around the "house take". But I definitly think its worth a shot to get this going since not only would it benefit the JC but also Brian. I know when he was helping with my lift install he had mentioned the idea of getting a lift for his garage.

If all 80 or so memebers of the JC put up $100 thats 8grand thats more than enough for the lift and a compressor/air setup. with about 4500-5000 in extra.
Dunno if I'll have a C-note for this, but I'm sure I can wiggle a Fiddy out of the budget somewhere. Brian's been (and continues to be) a really gracious host. Least we could do is make sure he has a working compressor in his garage. The JC members alone prolly shaved 10 years off that monster!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dunno if I'll have a C-note for this, but I'm sure I can wiggle a Fiddy out of the budget somewhere. Brian's been (and continues to be) a really gracious host. Least we could do is make sure he has a working compressor in his garage. The JC members alone prolly shaved 10 years off that monster!

Absolutley Disco Dan, if not more than 10 years on that monster of a compressor. I think that its only right that we try to get him a new one. Even a fiddy from most members would be way way more than enough for a good compressor set up.

·
Premium Member
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think $25 is a good base donation amount and if u can throw in a little extra then even better. Will coordinate with jeremy since he offered but I agree the best way is cash so pp doesn't get crazy w fees.

Hey brian what compressor u want?:confused:

Is this thing on?.....

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I don't think we wanna start pointing fingers at who donated how much. That's the good part of someone stepping up to coordinate.

If someone wants to send me money orders I'll compile them all, too. The only reason I keep saying I'll do it is that whoever buys the compressor needs to be military. I know Lowe's and Home Depot give 10% off for military. Not sure if places like Harbor Freight, etc. do as well.

Craig, where did you source that pic of the lift?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Im in just a need to see which one he wants so we can get an idea of each "share" so to speak. Ill throw in $100 to get it started. When u get back? I know you have said but my memory is going fast......

Is this thing on?.....
I'll be back on/about the 18th. Lookin' like it's gonna be March before I can get together for a build of any sort, though. Maybe the 3rd or 10th.

·
Premium Member
5,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think we wanna start pointing fingers at who donated how much. That's the good part of someone stepping up to coordinate.

If someone wants to send me money orders I'll compile them all, too. The only reason I keep saying I'll do it is that whoever buys the compressor needs to be military. I know Lowe's and Home Depot give 10% off for military. Not sure if places like Harbor Freight, etc. do as well.

Craig, where did you source that pic of the lift?
There is a thread on the forum from today-tried to copy the link but I am on the phone and can't figure out shit!!

Can certainly make any donations anonymous. If u can great if not no biggie.:thumbup:

Is this thing on?.....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
You guys are the best and Yes I would cut a hole in the ceiling to fit the post. I was talking to Jay about getting a 60gal upright compressor just for the sake of room and function(kolbart or ingersan roll).

·
Registered
635 Posts
If were pullin that kinda money why wouldnt we get a garage some where to rent or who knows build a bigger one....

Sent from the wonderful world of kyle's brain!!

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
I wasn't so much wondering whether you'd cut a hole in the ceiling as much as I was trying to remember if there was even enough height to lift a Jeep. Are we talking about the the 2 car or 1 car garage?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
Ingersoll Rand = $$$

IR - 3HP, 135psi, 60gal = $649

IR - 5HP, 135psi, 80gal = $1,181.25

Kobalt - 3.7HP, 155psi, 60gal = $499

Kobalt - 5HP, 155psi, 80gal = $849

Kobalt - 5.2HP, 175psi, 80gal = $1,248

These are Lowe's prices. It would end up just below that after 10% discount and 7% tax.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.