JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure many lift questions have been beat to death.

But even in searching I'm still a bit lost in lifting JKs. I've lifted many XJs most with kits I put together.

I'm looking to go between 2.5-3.4" on my JKU on a 285/70R17 stock wheels.
Now before the go larger tires start and go less lift also. Hear me out. I wheel snow, trails and some sand. Looks and clearance. JKU is a Wilys with 6sp. and 3.73s. I haven't even taken delivery yet(1-2 weeks out). It will some day go 35s or 37s. But for now drivedablity and clearance are my goals.

What is truly needed in a 2.5 to 3.5" lift?
Exhaust spacers?
Front track bar?
rear track bar?

As for brands input is fine, but I do have brands that I have used and would use again. More over looking for needed, vs want, vs should get input..

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
2.5 coils, bumpstops, caster correction, rear axle side TB bracket, shocks, (2012 +) exhaust spacers, longer SB links, front TB is a nice upgrade to have but not totally necessary. 3.5 as mentioned is a whole new ball game.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I am by no mean an authority... but after talking to many folks here and doing some research, I ended up with the Teraflex 2.5" kit here... https://teraflex.com/shop_items/528ffa7fead962f416e72d7b

I'm running my stock wheels and tires, but put spacers to clear the new parts and stabilize the ride a little more. It rides great. I commute to work with it every day and when I went to Freakfest 15 I went everywhere guys with 35" tires did. Only got stuck once in a water hole and that was because I couldn't see what was in the water.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts