JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,i am looking at buying the clayton 3.5" lift.It comes with everything needed for the lift except shocks.My question is i want to run 35's with the lift now.But if i ever want just a little more lift to clear 37's is there any reason i cant add one inch spacers under the coils to make it a 4.5" lift.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh i forgot to mention that the lift comes with front/rear,upper/lower fully adjustibale control arms.So i wouldnt think adjustibility would be an issue.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I don't see why you should not be able to fit 37's with 3.5 as I know I can do it with 4 as long as the rims are right

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess just veiwing other jeeps on this site i thought most people with 37's had 4" of lift or more.I may be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've looked at the Clayton 3.5" lift and have liked what I saw. Not having lifted my truck this is somewhat qualified, but I don't see why you couldn't get away with the 37's with a 1" spacer. As an alternative I also don't see why you couldn't run 37's with the 3.5" lift and some mild fender trimming or changing over to the Xenon flat flares Thats my $0.02, FWIW ;) :laughing:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I really appreciate all the info,it is very helpful to say the least.I have not totaly made my mind up about the clayton lift yet.I am looking through all the past threads about all the lifts others have and trying to make a good decision.Thanks again to everyone for the info.This is for sure the best site on line about JK'S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts