JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a rough country 2.5 inch budget boost. I've been reading lots of info in the 5 months I've had my 07 Sahara jku. Most lifts budget or otherwise recommend wheel spacers with factory wheels. I have 33x12 or 12.50 tires and have put washers in the steering stops to stop rubbing on sway bars at full lock. Is the lift gonna cause something else to run or is the recommendation of wheel spacers just for stability after raising the center of gravity? I'm hoping to install this lift Wednesday so any advice will be much appreciated

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I know with the Teraflex 2.5bb you have to use wheel spacers to clear the sway bar links on the rear. The rear links ripped my wheel weights right off my rim when I started moving. Its a good idea to run a wheel spacer if you're going to use stock wheels because the backspacing just isn't there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know with the Teraflex 2.5bb you have to use wheel spacers to clear the sway bar links on the rear. The rear links ripped my wheel weights right off my rim when I started moving. Its a good idea to run a wheel spacer if you're going to use stock wheels because the backspacing just isn't there.
x2:whiskey:

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
i say do it anyway! wider stance and also so ensure there are no problems!

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Sounds like a plan! It is just the best thing to do with stock wheels!

Sent via horse and buggy

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you are getting wheel spacers, be sure to get "hub centric" wheel spacers like those offered by Spydertrax so you do not have any issues with things not running true.

RK
RK, why don't you have a link in your signature? Seems like a vendor star should allow that...?

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
If you are getting wheel spacers, be sure to get "hub centric" wheel spacers like those offered by Spydertrax so you do not have any issues with things not running true.

RK
good call!

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I purchased a rough country 2.5 inch budget boost. I've been reading lots of info in the 5 months I've had my 07 Sahara jku. Most lifts budget or otherwise recommend wheel spacers with factory wheels. I have 33x12 or 12.50 tires and have put washers in the steering stops to stop rubbing on sway bars at full lock. Is the lift gonna cause something else to run or is the recommendation of wheel spacers just for stability after raising the center of gravity? I'm hoping to install this lift Wednesday so any advice will be much appreciated

Depending on the budget boost you have the factory rear sway bar links are retained. I ran 35/12.50/17 KM2s on stock wheels with that lift for a short while on our Unlimited a few years back. No trouble anywhere other than what you've already addressed with the steering stops.

They don't recommend the spacers for a stability standpoint, it is so your tires don't rub on anything.

Give it a go and test your results. Tires vary in actual size too, so what I'm telling you here might be null and void. :)

Just an FYI - Rough Country's wheel spacers are also hubcentric now. Spidertrax and RC are both a good option with Spidertrax being far more popular.

Post some pictures!

Marcus

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With the kit there were two extra parts that don't come with it from the factory(I bought it used). Two large diameter,long bolts and nuts. The bolts are flat along one side. Also some sort of bracket. I've looked on rough country's website and can't find them. I'm attaching a pic in case anyone knows

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rock Krawler is what i'll end up going with in the future. Most likely a 2.5" max travel. I have way too much going on right now and got a great deal on this bb used to get me buy for now.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Rock Krawler is what i'll end up going with in the future. Most likely a 2.5" max travel. I have way too much going on right now and got a great deal on this bb used to get me buy for now.

It's a good way to start. I started with a teraflex 2.5bb then ended up with a frankenlift(poly coils, aev brackets, jks track bars, teraflex brake line drops) but I will be upgrading to the rk5.5 when I get a chance.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.