JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I'm back from deployment and thinking of getting a new lift. I have a teraflex 2.5" lift currently that is really stiff and jarring while driving offroad or even on-road (especially on Grant....). I'm looking to upgrade to something in the 4" range that helps smooth out the ride but can also still allow me to rock krawl like a boss.

I would like some advice as to what y'all think would be the best lift for this.

So far I've looked at Teraflex's prerunner kit but its only a 3" lift (I thought they used to have a 4" and a 6" prerunner lift too but I can't find them)

I also looked at their LCG Elite lift series with bumpstops and shocks.

And I just saw that Rock Krawler has a 4.5-5.5 Rock Racer lift that looks cool, but has a lot of requirements for it to be compatible for install that I don't think I meet (or even completely understand to be honest).

I'm getting the artec front truss installed by Murray and Gunny for toys for tots on the 12th of December and I am way to ignorant on how a full suspension works and the parts to know what will work with that.

Any help would be appreciated and I'm looking forward to seeing out all out on the trail when I get back from my current TDY!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Why do you insist on 4 inches of lift? With flat fenders and 3 inches of lift you can run 37's. Remember you always want to be the lowest center of gravity you can get.

Call Jon Raush at bullpen garage 520-396-3001. He can point you in a good direction and get you some good prices.

·
22,098 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm back from deployment and thinking of getting a new lift. I have a teraflex 2.5" lift currently that is really stiff and jarring while driving offroad or even on-road (especially on Grant....). I'm looking to upgrade to something in the 4" range that helps smooth out the ride but can also still allow me to rock krawl like a boss.

I would like some advice as to what y'all think would be the best lift for this.

So far I've looked at Teraflex's prerunner kit but its only a 3" lift (I thought they used to have a 4" and a 6" prerunner lift too but I can't find them)

I also looked at their LCG Elite lift series with bumpstops and shocks.

And I just saw that Rock Krawler has a 4.5-5.5 Rock Racer lift that looks cool, but has a lot of requirements for it to be compatible for install that I don't think I meet (or even completely understand to be honest).

I'm getting the artec front truss installed by Murray for toys for tots on the 12th of December and I am way to ignorant on how a full suspension works and the parts to know what will work with that.

Any help would be appreciated and I'm looking forward to seeing out all out on the trail when I get back from my current TDY!
I guess I am just chopped liver now as well? I might have a slip with the grinder. :cwm13:

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Actually rock krawlers lift net a little higher than advertised to account for all the luggage in weight that is added to these things so you will probably be around 4 inches with a 3.5 lift. Same for most of the other high end lifts. I would recommend a rock Krawler lift I have one and mine and the wife's jeep and rides very well. I have the 3 link in the rear on mine and it is pretty flexy. Jon should be able to hook you up with a good lift

·
Mechanic
1,068 Posts
Give me a call at my shop - need some more information regarding your lift and such. I hopefully can at least point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I guess I am just chopped liver now as well? I might have a slip with the grinder. :cwm13:
Woops, sorry, please no slipping!:th_pray: Haha, you are definitely not chopped liver, not at all! He was just the only one I was talking to and I didn't know you were helping him. I went and looked at some of the posts he has made on facebook and sure enough, its clear as day, I just missed it since we were talking primarily over PMs.

Its fixed now.

·
22,098 Posts
Woops, sorry, please no slipping!:th_pray: Haha, you are definitely not chopped liver, not at all! He was just the only one I was talking to and I didn't know you were helping him. I went and looked at some of the posts he has made on facebook and sure enough, its clear as day, I just missed it since we were talking primarily over PMs.

Its fixed now.
Man you air force types are soft. Looking forward to yanking your axle out in a couple of weeks.:gluging:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts