JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking thru post using the search option to see if there was a straight forward answer, but I came away more confused than ever.

So forgive me if this is an old question!

I have a 1.75" Spacer lift with Rough Country shocks, I want to go an inch higher. Can I simply change out the springs (removing the spacers all together) With 3" or 3.5" lift springs? Or would I need to change other parts of the suspension also to accommodate the extra height?

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Iron

Breaking the 2" lift height mark is really a turning point for the JK where you really want to start looking into adding a few different items, like a front track bar to properly center the axle side to side, possibly front lowers for caster and axle positioning correction, rear track bar or relocation bracket to properly center the rear track bar, possibly rear lowers to adjust the pinion angle, extended sway bar end links and possibly brake lines.

We know it sounds like alot, but it can be done in stages. Just choose your stages wisely.

RK

·
Registered
117 Posts
I agree with both of the above post but if you really only want 1" then the body lift is the way to go for ease and saving $$$.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iron

Breaking the 2" lift height mark is really a turning point for the JK where you really want to start looking into adding a few different items, like a front track bar to properly center the axle side to side, possibly front lowers for caster and axle positioning correction, rear track bar or relocation bracket to properly center the rear track bar, possibly rear lowers to adjust the pinion angle, extended sway bar end links and possibly brake lines.

We know it sounds like alot, but it can be done in stages. Just choose your stages wisely.

RK

Thanks for the info, just what i was looking for! :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Add 2.5" springs (OME, TF, Polly... ect) keep your spacers on top.

and...

Skyjacker rear swaybay links $60 (move the rears to the front)
Zone front control arm cam locks $10 (2 degrees of caster)
Teraflex Rear trackbar brkt. $35
Poly front and rear brake like extension brkts $30 (ea)
Steering Sabilizer of your choice $40-$60
JKS adj. front trackbar $145

1 - 6 of 6 Posts