JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 3" lift. I had narrowed the decision down to a Teraflex ST/3 but now I am looking between the Teraflex ST/3 w/ Fox reservoir shocks, Teraflex Alpine CT/3 with Falcon 3.3 Shocks, or the Teraflex Overlander kit with Falcon 3.3 shocks. Can someone help me with information on the differences? Explain the reason why some kits have limit straps and some don't? This will be a mainly sand and mud off road JK for now with plans for trail and rock use in a few years. I will be running 35s as well once this kit is installed. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
FYI. Not saying it happens to most but with my 35's on it cause my trackbar front bracket to fail. The welds broke clean off the axle. Welded on Artec front and rear bracket. Also got rid of death wobble.

·
Registered
485 Posts
If I was you, I would call Teraflex. They can outline the differences better than anyone here.
This, they are great people to deal with. I spent damn near 30min on the phone with them talking about BJs... (Ball Joints!) But they are great. Those Falcon Shocks are sexy though... still not convinced about the reason the rear being down at the bottom. I just see it being dragged on rocks, but what the hell do I know. I would still run them, they are on my short list to up grade to.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Differences from someone who can't outline the differences as well as Teraflex:

Alpine ST3:
Full set of adjustable control arms (they look like Synergy's, adjustable while installed)

Sport ST3:
Fixed length control arms (only 6, not full 8)

Outback:
Heavier duty springs to maintain comfortable ride with heavy cargo in cabin
Full set of adjustable control arms (they look like Synergy's, adjustable while installed)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts