JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I'm not really going to be rockcrawling my jeep. I really just want it to more of a get me out of a jam if I need it.

I really just like the look. So here is the question.

Budget lift and tires
Flat fender/ cut fender and tires

I just want it to look proportionate. Which the stock tires are not that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
A lift maybe help avoid getting into a jam or scrape to some degree but your off road driving skills is what's going to get you out.

Both of the options you are considering are mild. One will make your Jeep taller and the other one will just make it look taller. Both will help fit larger tires.

What tire size are you considering?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jams typically include muddy service roads on the farm (have to climb our of ditch to field about 3ft, 60*degree), I high centered once but that was being dumb.

Tire size would be no higher than 35

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same thought for mine. There's not a lot of places to wheel around here and it would be all woods not rocks. I'm going to go with a leveling kit, 35" tires and cut stock fenders. Maybe I will lift it later but I have no plans to go over 3". I just want a jeep that looks good and is capable on the moderate trails, anything else and I'm just a poser with too much money in something he never uses.

·
A JKO DICK
3,689 Posts
Okay so I'm not really going to be rockcrawling my jeep. I really just want it to more of a get me out of a jam if I need it.

I really just like the look. So here is the question.

Budget lift and tires
Flat fender/ cut fender and tires

I just want it to look proportionate. Which the stock tires are not that.
C: a winch
D: Bacon

I pick C and D.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Jk or Jku?

I run 37"s and 6" lift to get a decent break over clearance.

If I had a jk I would go flat fender, 35's and a levelling kit. Levelling kit might produce death wobble so don't be surprised. Wheel spacers may correct that problem believe it or not.

A friend and I have experimented with several things when it comes to lifts. We found we had death wobble with the level kit otherwise stock jeep. Put on 33" tires with a wheel that had 4.5" back spacing vs. 6" and it e,I instead the death wobble. Geometry!

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
It really does depend on where you are getting hung up. If it is mostly under the diffs, larger tires are required which can be accomplished by a simple budget boost and flat fenders to easily run 35's. That will also get the belly of your rig up some. If you find yourself needing more, than a typical lift height of 2.5 with flat fenders will allow for up to 37's...

If you want, give us a shout. We are more than happy to help out and talk Jeep with you...

RK

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It really does depend on where you are getting hung up. If it is mostly under the diffs, larger tires are required which can be accomplished by a simple budget boost and flat fenders to easily run 35's. That will also get the belly of your rig up some. If you find yourself needing more, than a typical lift height of 2.5 with flat fenders will allow for up to 37's...

If you want, give us a shout. We are more than happy to help out and talk Jeep with you...

RK
Thanks! Once me and the Wifey get back from Vegas I will have to do just that. (Last times was the bumpers from trying to get out of the ditch. lol)

Jk or Jku?

I run 37"s and 6" lift to get a decent break over clearance.

If I had a jk I would go flat fender, 35's and a levelling kit. Levelling kit might produce death wobble so don't be surprised. Wheel spacers may correct that problem believe it or not.

A friend and I have experimented with several things when it comes to lifts. We found we had death wobble with the level kit otherwise stock jeep. Put on 33" tires with a wheel that had 4.5" back spacing vs. 6" and it e,I instead the death wobble. Geometry!
It's a JKU

·
Registered
291 Posts

unlimited rubicon springs and shock on 37"
Seems like quite a bit of lift for Unlimited Rubicon springs. Do you mean 10th Anniversary Rubicon springs? I think there is at least close to an inch difference between the 52126318AC / 68004460AA springs and the 10th Anniversary 68196006AA / 68196009AA springs.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
At EJS a couple weeks ago I followed a guy on Seven Mile Rim that was driving totally stock 3.8L JKUR. He handled the 5 rated trail just fine, even did every side obstacle. Smacked his skids once in awhile, and maybe had to power a bit more than the built rigs. Point is, the Jk Rubi is very capable right off the showroom floor. Don't sell it short.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts