JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to JKOwners.com and I am curious about opinions on what lift kit to install on my 2013 Wrangler 2dr, I had a friend build me a custom front winch bumper and I recently installed some Black Rock rims with some Pro Comp 315/75R16 Xtreme A/T tires, clearance for crawling is my next step while I am waiting on my sliders and rear bumper to be built.I am interested in feedback and suggestions from any and all.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome! You're gonna get a lot of answers. Some the same. Some not..keep asking questions. Give us a little mire info about daily highway mikeage. Type of and frequency of off roaring. Etc.. I am partial to rock krawler. But there are a bunch of good kits out there.
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

· Official Monkey Business
12,216 Posts
Welcome to JKO:beer:

There are several good quality lift kits. You'll see people comment on what they run. For example I run Rock Krawler and love it. But take your time and see what's best for your rig based on how you are going to use it. Also keep in mind that the taller you go the more likley you'll need to upgrade other components like shafts etc.

· The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,661 Posts
Welcome to JKO and post some pictures of your custom bumpers! I like seeing that kind of stuff. :)

I would recommend something around 2.5" for your two door and advise that you should expect to come out with more than 2.5" of lift even if that's what the "box" says.

There are lots of good options and your Jeep will drive better the more complete the system you choose is. Front lower control arms will keep your on road handling and stability around after the increase in height but aren't a necessity right away. Find a system that has sway bar links, front track bar, rear track bar relocation bracket, and you should be on your way to a nice handling ride that will go wherever you point it.

As these guys mentioned, I too am partial to Rock Krawler and have run it on my past three JKs. Tera-Flex and Synergy are other options you should consider as well.

The build is the best part, so enjoy it and don't let the options stress you out. :beer:

Marcus

· Random Dude
3,036 Posts
First, welcome to JKO. :koolaid:
Second, take to heart TEXASKEV's point about bigger lift = more stuff you'll need. Not saying don't do it, just saying be aware of the food your monster will need.

Please research sleeving and gusseting the front axle. I did this before wheeling hard even on 32s, and my front axle housing is still good 30,000 miles later.
Your tire size and driving style will dictate when you need this, but rough driving on 32s or mild driving on 35s can tweak the front axle tubes and/or inner c's.
I've heard that front driveshaft angle can be a problem on the "new" JKs when lifting, so you may be in for that as well.
You've heard that Jeep is an acronym for Just Empty Evey Pocket, right?

Oh, yeah! Your question was about the lift . . . :thefinger:
I started out with a Teraflex 2.5" spring lift plus front track bar, rear TB bracket, and front lower and rear upper arms. I was very happy with the results.
My 2010 Rubicon 2 door drove better after my lift than before.

I've never dealt with Marcus (RCO) before, but I've hung around here long enough to know he's a good guy and helpful vendor - he won't mislead you.
And to second Marcus' request - please post pics of any custom fab - that's our eye candy! :bounce:

· Registered
32 Posts
Great second point wrench.

Welcome to JKO Owen. I budgeted and researched a 4.5" lift but then decided on a 6" ProComp and 37s which came with a $9,800.00 price tag after fab & install... just food for thought for you Owen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.