JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm between two lift kits, maybe you guys can help.

I recently installed 285 70 17 Duratracs and new Tracker wheels. I'm getting a little Fender rub when i run her hard in and out of pockets and such. I want a lift to eliminate the rub, but also to give me a little more suspension travel and to accommodate the weight of accessories I'll add in the future.

So the Synergy starter kit is a 2" coil lift and with Fox 2.0 shocks costs about 1100.

The AEV 2.5" lift costs about the same but has Bielstien shocks.

Here's the thing: the AEV lift seems to be a more complete kit. It seems to be comparable to the synergy stage 1 kit, which is more like 1500 dollars.

So help me out. I know both companies make good stuff. But should I go with the Synergy Starter or the AEV 2.5? Seems like the AEV is more bang for the buck, no?

http://www.eadoffroad.com/jeep/wrangler-jk/jk-suspension/jk-suspension-kits/synergy-8020-20-8040-20-jeep-jk-2-inch-starter-suspension-system

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/shop-by-category/suspension/jk-dualsport-xt-suspension-2-5.html

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
The Synergy 2" Starter System is not really a good comparison to the AEV 2.5 Kit because it is missing the track bar correction.

If I were trying to make a decision between those two kits, this is what I would do.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Synergy-Jeep-JK-Stage-1.5-Suspension-System-3-Lift-p-24070.html

I would swap the coils for 2" coils and then I would delete the raised front track bar bracket (-$125) and drag link (-$200) and swap it for an adjustable front track bar (+$200). I would also swap the 3" bump stops for 2" bumpstops or just run without them and save some more money there.

I'd pair it with a pair of Bilstein 5100s or Fox 2.0s depending on your budget. I know you said Fox 2.0s, but at a lower lift height either one of those shocks will be a nice ride. The Bilsteins are around $300 vs around $485 for Fox 2.0s.

Synergy's kits are all "modular" so you can basically build them any way that you want to in order to suit your needs.

Feel free to call me if this all looks like hieroglyphics in text and I'll give you a run down on why I'm making these recommendations.

I will also add that the AEV kit isn't a poor choice, I just like replacing parts instead of using relocation brackets to obtain the end result. AEV's kits are very nice, get great reviews, and we sell a lot of them. Either way I believe you'll be very happy.

Marcus

·
Registered
294 Posts
My neighbor has the AEV kit and loves the way it drives and for the occasional off road trip, myself I also don't like adapter brackets.

On my Jeep I'm swapping out my BDS kit and replacing everything with Synergy, I wanted Metalcloak but I can get Synergy stuff off the shelf here and I have a hard time waiting and like the idea if I break something it's close by. The BDS kit was fine and drove alright, just didn't have the adjust ability I want. I've got the Synergy drag link, track bar, ball joints and lower control arms and it feels tight, big improvement. Just getting the uppers to match;).

Sean

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
I'm between two lift kits, maybe you guys can help.

I recently installed 285 70 17 Duratracs and new Tracker wheels. I'm getting a little Fender rub when i run her hard in and out of pockets and such. I want a lift to eliminate the rub, but also to give me a little more suspension travel and to accommodate the weight of accessories I'll add in the future.

So the Synergy starter kit is a 2" coil lift and with Fox 2.0 shocks costs about 1100.

The AEV 2.5" lift costs about the same but has Bielstien shocks.

Here's the thing: the AEV lift seems to be a more complete kit. It seems to be comparable to the synergy stage 1 kit, which is more like 1500 dollars.

So help me out. I know both companies make good stuff. But should I go with the Synergy Starter or the AEV 2.5? Seems like the AEV is more bang for the buck, no?

http://www.eadoffroad.com/jeep/wrangler-jk/jk-suspension/jk-suspension-kits/synergy-8020-20-8040-20-jeep-jk-2-inch-starter-suspension-system

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/shop-by-category/suspension/jk-dualsport-xt-suspension-2-5.html
It depends upon how far you ultimatey want to take your build, and your intended uses. Marcus gave you a good bounce back on the Synergy kit. I'd add a good word for the AEV kit. Based upon some positive feedback we got from a Jeep rental outfit who use AEV & OME kits exclusively on their rental rigs. We put a 2.5" AEV kit on a neighbors '10 JKUR, adding the front control arm drop brackets. Soon as we were done she took it over to Godyear and got some 33" MTR/Ks and went with us to Moab. Ran Behind The Rocks and did as well as any of the major rigs. So far she has about 10k miles on it and loves it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts