JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have someone who would be willing to swap my stock shocks/parts out and install his 3.5" pro comp lift kit with upgraded bilisten shocks on them. He would put my stock set up on his jeep and the 3.5 lift with shocks on my jeep.

What is a fair price for this? With the trade and labor included? Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,705 Posts
Free lol is the PC kit complete? Arms, TB's, etc?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol I think it should be free too! I think it includes everything... Waiting on confirmation on that but I think everything is new and it's only 500 miles old. What are your thoughts?

·
A JKO DICK
3,690 Posts
Lol I think it should be free too! I think it includes everything... Waiting on confirmation on that but I think everything is new and it's only 500 miles old. What are your thoughts?
RUN! Get a quality lift.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
What are your thoughts?
My honest thought would be a question; Why would someone who purchased and installed a new lift kit be in such a hurry to swap back to stock? Maybe it's an incomplete kit and/or rides or handles poorly? Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He is getting rid of everything on his jeep I just bought his brand new tires and wheels because his kids aren't able to get into the jeep with it lifted, so he bought a lower truck instead and is selling his stuff.

Is the lift a poor kit? He says it's nice and very smooth with the shocks..

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
He is getting rid of everything on his jeep I just bought his brand new tires and wheels because his kids aren't able to get into the jeep with it lifted, so he bought a lower truck instead and is selling his stuff.

Is the lift a poor kit? He says it's nice and very smooth with the shocks..
He doesn't know better. Pro Comp is garbage.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I would say go for a drive in his jeep and see what you think. If you like it and you might, offer him a few hundred for the labor if you can not do it yourself. You might hate it which is most likely.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i cant take a ride in it.. tires are off the jeep. he claims its a really nice set up.. but i wanted to get some feedback here first before i made a decision

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so $600 is what he thinks is fair to swap the stock for his kit with balistic shocks and install. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
just put your tires on it and take it for a spin. If he is a good buddy that is one thing but a stranger who will be laughing his ass off as he drives away that's another thing. let your seat of the pants tell you it is not a good deal. Not many will say the pro comp is a nice riding kit. For 600 you can get a rock Krawler 2.5" stock mod

·
Registered
619 Posts
Pro Comp=Shit

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it seems like most dont like the procomps.. hes not a buddy, i just bought the tires from him and he threw it out there that he was getting rid of the lift. I was thinking the ballistic shocks would help with the ride if it was bad? i dont know...

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
You should definitely do it ! 600 bucks is a bargain and you will not be disappointed !

There .... is that what you want to hear ?? You are getting an honest review and great advice that you should not do this as you will regret it more than likely.

I understand people are reluctant to take advice on a form that they are somewhat new to...but you are going to have to trust us here (and I am going to link a thread here shortly to validate my point )

often people will search for the answer they are looking for instead of accepting the answer provided

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do pro comp lifts ride rough? Are they cheap? Will things break on them? I'm just looking for answers to validate reasons why people are saying its a bad lift is all. If you hAve those answers, please feel free to respond

1 - 20 of 22 Posts