JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to lift my 09 Rubicon 2dr. Want to fit 35's. More concerned about on road driving characteristics than increasing off-roadability. This is my daily driver and most of my off-road time is spent in the sand. Any suggestions for or experience with a budget minded kit. I'm looking for coils, don't want to do spacers.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Man, it depends on your budget. I have the rough country 2.5 coils and they are nice for the price. $329 with shocks. If you don't mind spending a little more, get the rock krawler kit. $599 plus shocks. The rock krawler kit is much nicer and will yield you more lift. Both of these will get you on 35s with new rims or wheel spacers. Or go for a 3.5 kit for a few more dollars and you can clear 37s. Just depends on budget.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, it depends on your budget. I have the rough country 2.5 coils and they are nice for the price. $329 with shocks. If you don't mind spending a little more, get the rock krawler kit. $599 plus shocks. The rock krawler kit is much nicer and will yield you more lift. Both of these will get you on 35s with new rims or wheel spacers. Or go for a 3.5 kit for a few more dollars and you can clear 37s. Just depends on budget.
I will spend what I have to so that it is done right. I just don't want to spend $1,500-2,000 on a kit if there are $500-750 kits that will satisfy my need just as well. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Seriously? Dude, I know you have done your research(as we all have) and have in mind where your money is going, don't BS, tell us what you really want(especially if $ isn't an object).
RK Pro series is the way to go. Its the only lift I'll buy after countless hours of research(which equals priceless research) what's your time worth?......

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love the new AEV, JK Dualsport XT Suspension 2.5" kit + the geometry correction brackets.
It is tuned to perfection... On & Off road.
Love the handling . Seriously better than stock.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
You can't go wrong with Rock Krawler. It's easily upgradeable at any point if you choose to do so. I'm running essentially their 3.5" max travel with their 2.5" coils with flat fenders and 37's.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
If you're looking for coils, something from Teraflex, Rock Krawler, or the like will do you well paired with a nice soft, quality shock.

My advice is call the vendor you're looking to buy from and let them walk you through it. Marcus at River City Offroad has never steered me (or any of the other 100's of people of this forum) wrong.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
Looking to lift my 09 Rubicon 2dr. Want to fit 35's. More concerned about on road driving characteristics than increasing off-roadability. This is my daily driver and most of my off-road time is spent in the sand. Any suggestions for or experience with a budget minded kit. I'm looking for coils, don't want to do spacers.
I like the Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System for a guy in your situation. It includes everything that you need to maintain a factory-like ride and handling while giving you the option to upgrade as your needs change.

With a coil lift on the two door I highly recommend getting front lower control arms. Otherwise you're going to feel a little loose in the steering and the Jeep will handle poorly. (Been there done that with our two door.)

Keep in mind that the RKJK25FS addresses the front and rear track bars, front lower control arms, front brake lines, and sway bar links. This system will sit perfectly over 35s will factory fender flares.

Feel free to call me if you'd like to chat! 832-526-2415.

Marcus

·
Registered
368 Posts
I know a lot of guys are pushing Rock Krawler, and for good reasons, but I'm one of the few that is actually running MetalCloak's 3.5" Game-Changer, and it's awesome!!! I'm not going to try and convince you, take a look for yourself and decide. There is plenty of information on this forum, and on MetalCloak's website. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I know a lot of guys are pushing Rock Krawler, and for good reasons, but I'm one of the few that is actually running MetalCloak's 3.5" Game-Changer, and it's awesome!!! I'm not going to try and convince you, take a look for yourself and decide. There is plenty of information on this forum, and on MetalCloak's website. Good Luck!
If that were available when before I purchased my lift there's a very good chance I would've given it a try. With that being said, I'm extremely happy with my RK products and couldn't ask for anything more.

·
Premium Member
2,533 Posts
I went with the RK 2.5" max pro and couldn't be happier, if money is an issue just hold out and get it when you can afford it, out off the research I have done one of the biggest points was to do it right the first time you don't wanna skimp out on something this important. Just my .02 Oh and mine is my DD as well and rides great with 35s

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I have been running my Rough Country 3.5 inch series 2 lift for well over 13k miles now. On road and off, it's amazing. Very good flex, great road manners. It's very complete; comes with brackets, coils and shocks. Some people hate the fact that the springs are not progressive (they will sag under the load of aftermarket bumpers, spare and winch - about 0.5 to 1 inch after the springs set) but I appreciate the lower cog and compliant ride. At $500 it honestly can't be beat.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I like the Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System for a guy in your situation. It includes everything that you need to maintain a factory-like ride and handling while giving you the option to upgrade as your needs change.

With a coil lift on the two door I highly recommend getting front lower control arms. Otherwise you're going to feel a little loose in the steering and the Jeep will handle poorly. (Been there done that with our two door.)

Keep in mind that the RKJK25FS addresses the front and rear track bars, front lower control arms, front brake lines, and sway bar links. This system will sit perfectly over 35s will factory fender flares.

Feel free to call me if you'd like to chat! 832-526-2415.

Marcus
I just ordered this set up from Marcus for my 09 2Dr! I'll post some pics when it's done.

·
Registered
10,334 Posts
i had the RK 2.5 stock mod and i loved it

my wife drove on it for a while and then i went a little crazy and added RK front arms and coilovers as well as rubi 44's.

it's nice having a lift you can build off of.

also aev supposedly is good for the road... although that's been debated.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.