JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking at lift kits for my 15 JKU. I don’t do a lot of off-road stuff so it won’t be anything major. I’m going to be putting 33x12.5r15 on soon.

My question is, would it be better/practical to go with a lift kit or an air lift? Pros and cons? Right now, I’m seeing the air lift is significantly cheaper and allows for varied heights. Any thoughts and opinions are very welcome!

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,099 Posts
shit just trim the fenders and maybe throw a 1 inch body lift on and you can run 33's.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
You don't need a lift for 33's, they are only 1" bigger than stock. If anything throw a 3/4" coil spacer up front. I would stay away from 15" wheels and tires too as many 15" wheels will not fit over the brakes. 17" wheels give you the most choices as well.

What the hell is an "air lift"?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, that’s the air lift thing. I know I don’t need a lift, and I have a stubby front bumper so I shouldn’t get rub or need to trim the fenders. Just looking at an option. Thank you for the information on the 17’s instead of 15’s. Didn’t know that was the case. My stocks are 29’s.

I found a different brand that would only cost 160 for the front and back.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had the 2.5” Rubicon Express lift put on my ‘16 JKU and I am very pleased with it; now running 35’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts