JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello y'all I'm new to the forum and also new to the wrangler world. Just got rid of my 2014 grand Cherokee and got a 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I'm ordering my rims and tires which are 20x12 with TOYO Open Country RT 35/12.5/20 and need to get a lift. Thinking of a 4 inch lift . I would like to get ZONE lift kit as i'm told they are made by FOX. Is that true ? Can yall direct me on which. If it's not true, than what other lift should I get. Its not going to be use for off-roading as it's a daily driver and for wife to get around with kids. Thank you in advance.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,651 Posts
First off, welcome to JKO. Get ready for a ton of information and ideas that you might not want to hear. Ha ha!

Zone's parent company is BDS Suspension. They do not own Fox, but they use Fox shocks in some of their suspension kits.

You get what you pay for. BDS and Zone are good companies, but the Zone systems are very simple and have a few "holes" in them most times. You need a whole lot more than coils and shocks for your Jeep to drive right with 4" of lift on it.

A 3.5 - 4" lift will look good with stock flares and 35s. If you are planning on running aftermarket flares I would recommend coming down to a 2.5" system. You can even go 2.5 and still clear the 35s fine with stock flares for your use, but I understand wanting a little height out of it to get the look you're after.

At 3.5 to 4" of lift you are going to want front lower control arms or geometry correction brackets at a minimum. There are a number of great kits out there that will address the things that are important to maintain a nice ride and handling characteristics without breaking the bank. What kind of budget are you wanting to stay within for your suspension? Which Zone system was recommended to you?

Marcus

·
Registered
20 Posts
I went with a 2.5" Metal Cloak kit with Rancho 9000XL shocks and could not be happier with my choice. The MC lift kit combined with the Rancho Shocks gives a "stock" like ride and still does good off road. I am runnings 35s with stock flares but plan to move to flat flares for better articulation and it will look great with the 2.5" lift. IE not too much wheel gap, no one likes to skip leg day. :) Anyway just thought id share my personal experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why the 20 inch wheels? Do you plan on wheelin or is it just for looks? I assume 20 inch wheels with 35s and a BDS suspension will be a bumpy ride.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
20's? Lol! Are you a rapper?

Reactions: Lumbergh
1 - 7 of 7 Posts