JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a 2.5'' lift kit on a 4door unlimited jk, can you leave all arms and links stock, and if so what would be the good or bad reasons? limited budget

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I am running a Rough Country 2.5" budget boost. Comes with the spring spacers and shock extensions.
Nothing else really needed to run for the short term. And relatively cheap.

I did upgrade to adjustable sway bar links in the front, but only after bending a stock one while disoc'ed (Rubi electronic disco) on the trail. Other than that, it works fine for what it is: a cheap and easy to install lift.

:beer:

AMP

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
Yep yep, no problems running 2.5" of lift with the stock stuff. You'll need shock extensions and you should really find a set of rear sway bar links to put in the front (they are longer) or buy some disconnects.

You could check out the Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod lift, it comes with sway bar links for the front, coils, track bar, and rear track bar relocation bracket.

Budget Boosts are an inexpensive alternative, but don't always correct the factory rake. I ran one for a long time with good results and the Jeep did everything that I asked of it.

Which lift are you thinking about?

Marcus

·
Registered
568 Posts
I was happy to see that AEV just released a 2" budget lift system as their components are always top quality. I ordered one for my son's 2dr and we will be installing as soon as it comes in. He's running 33"s. The kit says it works for both 2dr and 4dr JK's and comes with new front stabilizer end links and brake line drop brackets.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i have used the TeraFlex 2.5" for 2 years with no issues. i got the one with the longer shocks and bought the front quick disco kit for the sway bar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rough country budget boost, so far sounds like it should be ok. Does it affect cornering or possible roll over much?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Any tme you raise a vehicles center of gravity its going to perform differently. However these new Wranglers are far more tame than their predecessor.

Lift it up and have some fun...Don't sweat the small stuff.

Sent from my cellular communication device.
^^ This. :beer:

AMP

·
JKO Dickhead
3,520 Posts
I bought mine with a 2.5 BB.... recently scrapped it for Marcus' recomendation : 2.5 Rock Krawler Stock Mod.. longer Bilstein 5100's, front quick disco's and extended rears, chopped stock fenders, cut a few inches of the pinch seams ...some extended brake line brackets and I could not be happier ffor the price...

Anyway, jusy yesterday was checking clearances on fenders, pinch seams, brake lines and bump stops, snapped a few crappy cell phone pics, but this will give you an idea of what this little kit can do:

These are with the rear extended links not installed and the front ones still connected, stock arms, stock bumpstops, and rear brake line extensions on....and thats it ... no rubbing isses . save a few more hundred up and go with this kit !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts