JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going with the 2 1/2" Teraflex BB and need purchase / install. I spoke with Jeeper's Den in O-town and they quoted me $710 for the lift and install (lift itself $431) out the door. Down side - is driving to Orlando for this. Deadmullet thinks he's going to take MY jeep up there "for me". :shaking: I don't think so...

but I digress...

So I also talked to the guy at 4WD (their WPB store is only 20 minutes away). He quoted me $835 out the door. Now, his price on the lift ($484) is $50 higher than Jeeper's Den, so he said he's match that price, which would bring it down to $784, PLUS they would also do an alignment.

Jeeper's den doesn't have the capability of doing alignments and I would have to get that done elsewhere, which pretty makes the cost a wash.

Any of you familiar with either place? What were your experiences with them? How was the service and warranty? Would go to them all over again?

Also, another question re: the alignment: I was told the Jeep would need to be "lazer" aligned. Is this a special kind of alignment that I have to track someone down who does this, or is this pretty much a commonplace practice for performing alignments these days?

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I'd do it if you were in Tampa

I don't have any fricken lazer beams but I can re center a steering wheel without em

·
Registered
735 Posts
I've heard with that much lift, it may not be necessary. I did a 4" on my last TJ and never even did an alignment.

That being said, if we get some others to help. I have acess to a lift and all that we could probably use and knock it out

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
we're talking about a TF 2.5 Budget Boost? and they want to charge $710???? LMFAO! tell them to get bent!

there's peeps here that can help you out. Maybe hit up bolsak? isn't he over by you? he's pretty handy.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does that price for the Teraflex BB include shocks or extensions? You may want to check out Northridge 4X4 and compare prices. The Budget Boost lift is a very easy install (spacers on top of springs). It should not run more than about 4 hours shop labor IMO. Anyone with basic tools, a floor jack, and jack stands should be able to install this in less than a day. You shouldn't need an alignment after this lift.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Does that price for the Teraflex BB include shocks? You may want to check out Northridge 4X4 and compare prices. The Budget Boost lift is a very easy install (spacers on top of springs). It should not run more than about 4 hours shop labor IMO. Anyone with basic tools, a floor jack, and jack stands should be able to install this in less than a day.
and if northridge has a decent price - PLEASE check with any of the vendors that support THIS site and see if they will match it.

Remember Teraflex is a supporting vendor on here.
Phil at Trailduty is ALWAYS worth checking with.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Their all needed on my Jeep and we do it to every Jeep we lift.
sounds like a good way to make a lot of extra money to me, but whatever works for you :innocent:

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
Damn.... there is actually something actually near me. :)

I usually drive about 1/2 hour or further to go somewhere jeep related... I have jeepersden which is about 2 miles away.. woohoo... finally something worth going to on my side of town... too bad it costs me money everytime i go there.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts