JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, im new with the jk and ive heard its different than my old tj lift wise.
Could i run 37's with a 5 inch rugged ridge suspention and 2 inch body lift?
And as i understand i would only need a new front driveshaft?
Please help, thanks

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hey, im new with the jk and ive heard its different than my old tj lift wise.
Could i run 37's with a 5 inch rugged ridge suspention and 2 inch body lift?
And as i understand i would only need a new front driveshaft?
Please help, thanks
You can run 37's with just a 4inch lift. Do you have a 2 or 4 door?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like Riche said, you could run 37's with a 4", or you could run 38's with a 3" lift like 100dollarman:thefinger:

As far as the drive shaft, I know people that have replaced them and people who haven't, both have broke so I say wait till it breaks then get a free stock replacement from the forum and wait again:smokin:

My two pennies:beer::beer:

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
4" lift is all you need for 37's. 3" with the correct bump stops will also work.

If you have an auto the factory drive shaft slip joint boot will invariably get ripped up on the side of the trans pan. The boots at the cv's may also fail over time. An aftermarket shaft will be a lot more picky about pinion angle, but will negate the above issues. Both can fail given abuse, but an aftermarket shaft is a lot easier to re-build in the field.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like Riche said, you could run 37's with a 4", or you could run 38's with a 3" lift like 100dollarman:thefinger:

As far as the drive shaft, I know people that have replaced them and people who haven't, both have broke so I say wait till it breaks then get a free stock replacement from the forum and wait again:smokin:

My two pennies:beer::beer:
really , a free stock driveshaft lol?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4" lift is all you need for 37's. 3" with the correct bump stops will also work.

If you have an auto the factory drive shaft slip joint boot will invariably get ripped up on the side of the trans pan. The boots at the cv's may also fail over time. An aftermarket shaft will be a lot more picky about pinion angle, but will negate the above issues. Both can fail given abuse, but an aftermarket shaft is a lot easier to re-build in the field.
if i got a aftermarket driveshaft i would also need a slip yoke elimanator right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts