JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
( I know this has been covered but I. could use some advice)

I'm new to owning a jku. I had a TJ but this is my first jku. It is 2012 Sahara bone stock. I'm looking at a 1.5 - 2.5 lift. It is not my DD but I do drive it at lot on small trips. I won't be using it as a rock crawler mostly trails and gravel bars. I probably won't run bigger than a 33 either. I'm just not sold on spacer kits. I want a lift that has everything I need but I don't want to pay for stuff I don't need. I also dont want to get something and realize I need more parts.

·
Registered
399 Posts
For your use and tire size I would say spacers all day long. If you want to recenter, get the Synergy double adjust front track bar... But that's arguably overkill.

Pick out your pretty shock flavor of your desires, order the them for the +2" of the 4 spacers.

You have need or good reason to spend money on things that will not offer an advantage for you described use.

Go all out and spend $100 or so extra on geometry correction brackets.

At that point your out of things to throw money at unless you want shiny new stuff to make it look neat and colorful under the frame.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The jeep has 115000 miles on it. That is why I was looking at a spring kit. And new shocks. Would I need the geo brackets on a lift that is only 1.5 or so. I dont mind to spend money in places that need it. I alao want it to drive like it is supposed too

·
Registered
399 Posts
Keep the springs, go 2" on brackets, try without the geometry brackets and if steering feels flighty.... As them next weekend.

There shocks will change the ride the most. They are valved differently. Many folks really like Bilstein, I personally prefer the bling look and the ride of my Fox shock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was looking at the Bilsteins I have them on my tundra and my nova. I wasn't sure about the jeep. I've read a lot of good stuff about the fox shocks.
What do you mean about the 2" on brackets?
So something like the teraflex leveling kit

·
Registered
399 Posts
I was looking at the Bilsteins I have them on my tundra and my nova. I wasn't sure about the jeep. I've read a lot of good stuff about the fox shocks.
What do you mean about the 2" on brackets?
So something like the teraflex leveling kit
Sorry, spacers....

·
Banned
702 Posts
My advice is to search this site for the resource that it is. Then come back to this thread detailing your thought on the research you performed. This will be quicker then the "here's what I would do crowd" and you could get better specific answers. Everyone has advice, you have to determine what you want in the first place.

Good Luck... ;)

Reactions: SuperMan69

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really liking the RK full flex 1.5 kit. I planned on running bilstein shocks. I guess my real question is that is there anything else I will need to make sure the jeep drives and handles correctly.

I know it wierd but I also like the stock wheels. So I plan on running a wheel spacer. My goal is to keep the jeep looking very stock just better.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I’ve got springs shocks and arms from my 2026 Rubicon for sale. 1.5” over stock. $200. Only had 4000 miles on it when removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
399 Posts
I’ve got springs shocks and arms from my 2026 Rubicon for sale. 1.5” over stock. $200. Only had 4000 miles on it when removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rubicon isn't lifted.
Arms are arms.
The Rubicon shocks are a slightly upgraded shock.
$200 is a fair price to get a spare set of factory arms, stock springs and slightly upgraded shocks.

Now here is the low buck low down. If you have a 2 door soft top manual.... Get springs from a 4 door, hard top automatic and you'll have OEM springs and about a 1.5-2 inch lift.

4 door is heavier.
Automatic is heavier.
Hard top is heavier.
Max tow package has heavier rated springs.

Using that, search out cheap used stuff to get all you can from OEM parts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts