JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I have been Doing so much research and now i pretty much just gave up. I have a grand for a lift and i dont know which one to get. I dont want to replace the driveshafts either.... HELP ME!!! Lol

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I need help. I have been Doing so much research and now i pretty much just gave up. I have a grand for a lift and i dont know which one to get. I dont want to replace the driveshafts either.... HELP ME!!! Lol
What year model is the JK?

What size tires do you want to run?

$1000 will get you a long way in this neck of the woods. Let me know what you're looking at and I'll be happy to offer you some guidance. You're welcome to PM me and I'll reply sometime tomorrow. :) :beer:

Marcus

·
Banned
15,533 Posts
What's up, Steve? Long time no see. Gotta echo the sentiment above. Without knowing how tall you wanna get or what you need out of the lift, I can say off the cuff that I'm running the RK 2.5" stock mod. Gets me plenty of room for 33" duratracs though I might boost up to 35's once these wear out.

Last I remember seeing you, ya had a silver 4 door but I remember you sold it at some point. Are you still in a 4DR?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2008 jku rubicon. I just recently bought tires and rims and got a really good deal! I have 35x12.50x 18 rOckstars wrapped in bfgoodrich Km2. I was told if i disconnect the front with a lift over 2.5 i will have to replace driveshafts?!?! I really dont want to do that. My old jku i installed the skyjacker 4in eco sport lift! ( i liked it had no problems but a bad rake) i just dont know. I also dont want to spend over 1000

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,650 Posts
I have a 2008 jku rubicon. I just recently bought tires and rims and got a really good deal! I have 35x12.50x 18 rOckstars wrapped in bfgoodrich Km2. I was told if i disconnect the front with a lift over 2.5 i will have to replace driveshafts?!?! I really dont want to do that. My old jku i installed the skyjacker 4in eco sport lift! ( i liked it had no problems but a bad rake) i just dont know. I also dont want to spend over 1000
I'd recommend a Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System with a set of Bilstein 5100s. That system will address your caster up front with new adjustable lower control arms, 2.5 coils front and rear, longer front brake lines, front sway bar disconnects, an adjustable front track bar, and a rear track bar relocation bracket to center the rear axle.

You can run 35s on that lift all day long and never have an issue with your drive shafts.

There are TONS of people running around on 3.5" of lift that disconnect and run stock drive shafts front and rear.

Marcus

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I'd recommend a Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex System with a set of Bilstein 5100s. That system will address your caster up front with new adjustable lower control arms, 2.5 coils front and rear, longer front brake lines, front sway bar disconnects, an adjustable front track bar, and a rear track bar relocation bracket to center the rear axle.

You can run 35s on that lift all day long and never have an issue with your drive shafts.

There are TONS of people running around on 3.5" of lift that disconnect and run stock drive shafts front and rear.

Marcus

I 2nd this lift...its what I would run if I just wanted 35's. shocks as well.

I run the 3.5" lift. Ran it for a year with stock drive shaft's.. 2.5" lift..you'll be totally fine with stock drive shafts.. actually, I'd check out craigslist for stock drive shafts and stock up..save ya money..and they are an easy swap out on the trail.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
Sir, if you have any questions regarding our products, please let us know. Thank you for concidering RK and good luck with your build.

Marcus, We realize there is getting to be a lot of bad information out there, but lets try to help people out and educate them so they can in turn educate the next guy. Together we can build a stronger community and everyone benefits.

Rock Krawler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.