JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my 4.5" Poly Stage II and took it in for an allignment. The tech at the shop said the toe and the caster were ok but the camber needed adjusted. He suggested I purchase some offset ball joints because it drifts to the left. Does this sound right, has anyone had to replace with offset ball joints.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does not sound right to me. Camber should not be an issue unless you bent the axle housing and at that point you have much bigger problems.

I just aligned mine and set the caster to 4.5 degress and it drives great.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Did they give you the actual measurements?

Also VERY FEW shops have the knowledge to do an alignment on a lifted or altered vehicle. I think (could be wrong) but they have to have a "Hunter" alignment machine and a tech that knows how to work the program to create a proper alignment scheme.

IMHO... It sounds like they are tryiing to make $$$ off of you.

Toe depends on tire size not lift, eg..37's should run between 0 and 1/8 inch toe in. NOT the factory 1/4 inch.

The other thing is making sure steering is dead center. which is easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I thought. It didn't sound right to me. Also I was just looking at the allignment report and it says my caster is at 6degrees. Should the caster be closer to 4degrees. My axle housing shouldn't be bent with 1900 miles and only a couple of trips offroad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts