You guys and gals done with your rig?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts

Attachments

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
I got led bolt lights to light up the plate and the bottom plate holes have led turn signals and brake lights all in one.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If its a stock carrier just run it through the tailgate plug and follow the factory wiring with zip ties from the tail gate to the right rear of the tub.
I did the same, when I had no tire carrier.

And now with my Genright, I just drilled holes in it and ran the wire up the tube and in behind the passenger taillight.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I did the same, when I had no tire carrier.

And now with my Genright, I just drilled holes in it and ran the wire up the tube and in behind the passenger taillight.
Yup with mine I took a dremel and notched the tail light housing and ran it right in

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah, I notched mine too. I have the wire for the plate light, rear view camera and the Rigid 2x2 I use as a backup light all going in there in the loom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also have the led licence plate bolts which I plain to use I'm just not sure
If I should tie the lights in to the exsiting licence light wire, I plain on mounting
the plate to my bumper, so I need to figure out where to run the wire through
Or what's the best plain of attack

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I also have the led licence plate bolts which I plain to use I'm just not sure
If I should tie the lights in to the exsiting licence light wire, I plain on mounting
the plate to my bumper, so I need to figure out where to run the wire through
Or what's the best plain of attack
Secret compartment alpha: take a look at the foam directly under farthest rear right side of the tub, push foam out of the way and you have access to the tailight cavity so you can wire everything up. There is also a plug under the carpet on that side in the tub if you need to run anything into the tub or tap into any wires up there.

·
Registered
480 Posts
If I was mounting to the bumper, I'd probably route the wire through it and up through the tub behind the passenger taillight. You need to bypass the gate all together.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I was kinda hoping I could run a wire stright out the bottom of the tub
and to my location on the bumper, thanks for all the help guys it does help! Lol

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Yeah I was kinda hoping I could run a wire stright out the bottom of the tub
and to my location on the bumper, thanks for all the help guys it does help! Lol
Did you find the location we are talking about?

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
I wired my ORO tag light through the tailgate and along the stock wiring loom that runs into the passenger side. Then tapped into the wires behind the pass side tailight. Took some drilling to the tailgate and some fishing but the wires are completely hidden.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I wired my ORO tag light through the tailgate and along the stock wiring loom that runs into the passenger side. Then tapped into the wires behind the pass side tailight. Took some drilling to the tailgate and some fishing but the wires are completely hidden.
What did you have to drill??

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
What did you have to drill??
Right into the tailgate.... Because I mounted the light to my plate and tramp stamp. I didn't want any wires visible so I drilled a hole in the tailgate directly behind the light and wired it in. I will post up a close up pic.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Right into the tailgate.... Because I mounted the light to my plate and tramp stamp. I didn't want any wires visible so I drilled a hole in the tailgate directly behind the light and wired it in. I will post up a close up pic.
any chance we can see that pic? I have the psc bumper with tire carrier and tramp stamp and want to setup the license plate led now so i can get inspected. appreciate it if you can.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts