JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have never understood the mania with leveling jeeps.

They are built that way for a reason.

What, other than looks, are you achieving by leveling it? Do you intend on adjusting your castor after you increase it by leveling the jeep?

Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Have you measured the fenders? Does it actually sit lower in the front or just look like it? Mine is an inch higher in the front and pople seem to be all over from low to even to high in the front.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My 08 came stock with a rake of about 1" front to back. Mine also sagged on the front drivers side. I used a three measurement reference, with the third measurement being the fender height. The fenders on the Rubicon can easily be swayed 1/2", so I relied on the actual suspension-to-ground, and frame-to-ground measurement at all four corners. After I installed a 4" lift kit, all is balanced out perfectly, except the fenders are quarter inch off on the front end. A little tweek of the fender and all is perfecto.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mine does have a rake to it and i just cant stand it i dont know why but its just not right. and i know that it was make that way for a reason buy why? and when or if i level it will i need to do anything to the caster and under belly?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Who makes the most affordable pucks out there? $40 for 2 molded urethane pucks sounds a bit excessive to me. It seems I remember seeing some for $20 somewhere, I just can't remember where. (I want more than 1 inch but less than 2)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts