JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 07 4 door with a 2 and a half inch spacer lift.
Recently added a front bumper and winch and am now 1 inch lower in the front. Does anybody have any ideas on a fix?

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
You can stack a 1 in spacer on it if you want to go the cheap way, or buy a 3in front spring.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
You would not be the first one to do it. However, you can get a 3" spring from Poly for $150 bucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input.
If I have to tear it down again anyway I might as well change the springs.
Appriciate the help

·
Registered
85 Posts
Get the springs. I did the stacking spacers thing and the factory springs are just not rated to take this kind of weight, they'll keep sagging. Once I got the springs BAM problem fixed. In fact with that much weight even the springs made for this break in a sttle a bit.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Same problem here... I have the 2" skyjacker pucks and a Shrockworks bumper with the heavy poerplant winch on it... I talked with PIG about it a few weeks ago, And i am really torn. I want the complete package, But the springs will do for now.

Just Empty Every Pocket... LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should I remove the 2 and a half spacers and add a 3 inch taller spring to compensate for the extra weight? And do you recommend any particular brand ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have the Teraflex HD springs they are pretty damn stout. They are definitely holding the front end up and I have a lot of weight up there with my Highrock bumper and Warn 9.5ti the set up must clock in at 200+ lbs!!!! Try having any normal size guy between 150-200 sit on your front bumper with the stock springs, that'll give you an idea of what your lookin at by keeping the stock springs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Could always try my trick that i did with RubyDoo, 4Dr Rubicon springs.

·
Registered
962 Posts
My lift is the Teraflex HD BB, came with front springs and pucks for the back.
The springs were designed for the extra weight of a bumper and winch.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Should I remove the 2 and a half spacers and add a 3 inch taller spring to compensate for the extra weight? And do you recommend any particular brand ?
Old Man Emu HD Springs!
I had the 2.5" Spacers from a BB kit in my jeep, in addition i had a 1.75" spacer in the front to make up for bumper & winch weight. I didn't like the ride with all those spacers and the fact that i had 2 stacked, so i ditched the spacers and installed Old Man Emu 618 & 619 Coil Springs (the HD ones). the ride is much better now and the jeep even sits a little higher it seems. They Advertise 2" front & 2.25" rear for the OME springs but i think i got more like 3" - 3.5" of lift out of them.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You would not be the first one to do it. However, you can get a 3" spring from Poly for $150 bucks.
Go with the springs. I'm running 3" springs with a 1" spacer and will upgrade to Poly 4.5" springs (front and back) soon. :grinpimp: (And SDMF doesn't know it, but he is going to install them for me! :beer: :beer: :beer:)

And if you're wondering about just how much Poly kicks azz: go here.

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Go with the springs. I'm running 3" springs with a 1" spacer and will upgrade to Poly 4.5" springs (front and back) soon. :grinpimp: (And SDMF doesn't know it, but he is going to install them for me! :beer: :beer: :beer:)

And if you're wondering about just how much Poly kicks azz: go here.
My garage is ready any time bro, just let me know when you want to do it. :beer:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My garage is ready any time bro, just let me know when you want to do it. :beer:
Funny thing is: I ordered the new springs... but I need to measure my garage door and make sure the JK will fit with the new 4.5 springs. :shaking: (anyone want some teraflex spacers, cheap?)

I'll let ya know. :smokin:

Oh and I will bring the Middletons and Tecate!

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
Funny thing is: I ordered the new springs... but I need to measure my garage door and make sure the JK will fit with the new 4.5 springs. :shaking: (anyone want some teraflex spacers, cheap?)

I'll let ya know. :smokin:

Oh and I will bring the Middletons and Tecate!
Tecate huh, I prefer Modelo. :thefinger::thefinger:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts